Closing date: 11 Nov 2019
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
Deputy Chief of Party, Ghana
ACDI/VOCA is seeking experienced Deputy Chiefs of Party for upcoming USAID funded agriculture and agribusiness activities in Ghana.
- Serve as principal point of contact in Ghana for procedural and substantive matters in the absence of the COP.
- Support the development of strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans, and other deliverables in line with USAID guidelines to achieve objectives.
- Support the development of strong M&E mechanisms, program monitoring tools and efficient systems to ensure high quality implementation.
- Represent ACDI/VOCA with partners and key stakeholders, maintain positive relationships with USAID, local authorities, and the country office team.
- Identify and effectively manage all key risks related to the program, including compliance with donor transparency and due diligence requirements.
- Ensure that synergies among Activity elements and grantees are capitalized upon.
- Ensure that the Activity focus remains on achieving results.
- Manage an effective monitoring and reporting system.
- Master’s degree in agriculture, economics, or business administration from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience of relevant, progressively responsible management experience, and a proven track record of implementing and/or managing agricultural and/or agribusiness development activities.
- Possess a combination of technical familiarity and management skills that spans the subject areas covered by the activities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical assistance and advisory services to a range of financial service providers.
· Excellent writing and oral presentation skills in English.
Ghanaian nationals are highly encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.