Closing date: 20 Apr 2019
WHY JOIN IGNITIA?
Ignitia is a high-tech company and social enterprise that has developed the world’s first highly accurate tropical weather forecast model. We benefit both small-scale farmers and agricultural organizations by providing weather data that directly impacts their yield and improves productivity. We’re making the world a better place one customer at a time – and creating an exciting business at the same time. Want to join us in this incredible journey?
At Ignitia, our mission is to empower intelligent decision making by providing custom, highly accurate weather forecasting data to farmers and organizations in emerging markets – allowing them to stabilize operations, mitigate risks, and maximise profits.
• Leverages deep customer understanding, particularly with key players in the Development space to pursue Ignitia’s ambitious growth goals.
• Hunts business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and exploring sales options.
• Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements.
• Identifies product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
• Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
• Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by committing to continuous improvement, pursuing attendance of educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
• Contributes to team effort by reaching and exceeding sales objectives as needed.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum 5 years experience in Sales
• Minimum 5 years experience working directly in/with NGO projects in Africa
• Excellent knowledge of the Development value chain, including the respective decision making processes, required features and decision-making pivot points
• World class presentation skills and the ability to address relevant buying challenges through creative, winning solutions
• Deep exposure and contact network of development and NGO institutions.
How to apply:
Please apply online using our Workable site: https://workable.com/j/2543B245FD.