Organization: The International and Ibero-American Foundation for Administration and Public Policies
Closing date: 31 Mar 2019
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR CONTRACTING A PUBLIC EDUCATION AND ENVIRONMENTAL GOVERNANCE CONSULTANT
EUROPEAN UNION PROJECT IN GHANA “ACCOUNTABILITY, RULE OF LAW AND ANTI-CORRUPTION PROGRAMME – ARAP**”**
FIIAPP F.S.P. is a foundation of the State public sector whose activities, characterised by the absence of profit and the pursuit of the general interest, is framed in the field of international cooperation aimed at the institutional modernisation, for the reform of Public Administrations and the attainment of democratic governance.
That, in order to its foundational purposes, the Foundation FIIAPP F.S.P. has been awarded the Delegation Agreement “Accountability, Rule of Law and Anti-corruption Programme – ARAP” funded by the European Union. The overall objective of the programme is to promote good governance in Ghana by reducing corruption and improving accountability and compliance with the rule of law, particularly when it comes to accountability, anti-corruption and environmental governance. ARAP has been supporting the Ghana Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in the area of compliance monitoring and complaints management. E-permitting is another proposed line of work. Specific support in these three areas includes the creation of a standardised systems, shifting away from paper-based systems to digital tools through a set of pilots to test the new systems. Throughout these workstreams, public education is a critical tool to ensure that citizens develop positive attitudes and behaviours towards the environment, as well as fully understand the systems available to obtain information and permits, and to make complaints. Informed and educated citizens are critical for ensuring institutions managing the environment, such as the EPA, remain accountable and that rule of law is upheld in decision-making.
The purpose of these terms of reference is to support the EPA in the development, planning and management of a set of public education campaigns relating to compliance monitoring, complaints management and e-permitting.
The budget line for this contest is 84.000 € (eighty four thousand Euros) as fees, not including VAT.
The consultant will be required to perform the following tasks:
· In tight collaboration with EPA staff and relevant stakeholders develop and manage a set of public education campaigns relating to compliance monitoring, complaints management and e-permitting;
· Plan and facilitate design and validation workshops for public education campaigns and strategies;
· Identify and map relevant stakeholders and target audiences;
· Identify channels and tools for communication with stakeholders and target audience;
· Identify and formulate relevant content and key messages for public education campaigns;
· Identify and make recommendations to EPA staff with regards to cost-effective and sustainable solutions to deliver public education campaigns.
· Development and production (e.g. designing and drafting) of implementation manuals containing best practices and lessons learnt to be used by EPA staff in subsequent upscaling stage(s).
· Provide input if required for any analysis of feedback from the public regarding campaigns and strategies.
The evaluation of the proposals will be made according to the table below:
· University degree in international development, governance, communication, public education, or similar.
· At least 4 years of working experience developing and managing public education and/or communication for social development programs.
· At least 3 years of working experience working in the area of environmental governance
· Excellent command of English
Merits and actions indicated in the table will be evaluated with the CV’s information and the samples required.
(Merits / Criteria / Maximum Score)
Maximum Total: 100 points
For the technical deliberation, the score will be given according to the table’s criteria.
The contract will have a time of duration from its signature until the end of the project implementation, due to be in January 2021.
How to apply:
Interested parties who meet the requirements defined in these terms of reference can be sent its CV + samples of previous work to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating on the title in the subject: “Public Education and Environmental Governance Consultant”.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 31 March 2019.