Organization: Creative Associates International
Closing date: 06 Apr 2019
Creative Associates International seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the USAID-funded Partnerships for Peace (P4P) Project based in West Africa. The DCOP will support the Chief of Party (COP) to both oversee the activity from a management perspective and to provide advice and guidance directly to regional organizations, national governments and civil society organizations. The DCOP should have strong managerial, administrative and writing skills and extensive Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) experience. The DCOP is expected to have broad experience with international development that would be utilized to support achievement of P4P’s goals and objectives, as well as support for training and development of program staff. In addition, the DCOP should have subject matter expertise on both Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) theory and program implementation.
- Assist the COP in overseeing financial and administrative management, program development and implementation, as well as grant development and implementation in all project countries;
- Ensure that the field offices maintain compliance with USAID regulations in regards to auditing requirements, implementation, procurement, financial management and overall office management;
- Ensure that procedures are established and complied with for activity development, activity worthiness, activity implementation, management, monitoring, evaluation, and closing;
- Serve as the COP, USAID COR and Country Activity Manager’s primary point of contract for current information about the status of activity implementation;
- S/he will supervise the Country Representatives and technical staff involved in activity development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting; and
- Ensure that program implementation is in accordance with regulations and procedures and the specifications determined in the Task Order. This will include monitoring grantee worthiness, ensuring that all procurement processes are perceived as transparent by beneficiary communities, ensuring fair and transparent processes, review of financial management, and monitoring activity implementation.
- At least seven (7) years of experience managing complex international programs (implementation, logistics, budgeting, staffing) preferably those funded by USAID and those conducted in West Africa;
- Extensive knowledge of CVE theory and CVE program implementation;
- Master’s degree in a study relevant to CVE, M&E, international relations or a related field required. A Bachelor’s degree and four (4) additional years of relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of an advanced degree.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-national team environment, and to strengthen team cohesion through collective action and individual initiative involving facilitation of multi-stakeholder consensus;
- Experience establishing or supporting networks preferred;
- Ability to successfully manage and develop staff in a multi-country and multi-cultural setting as demonstrated by past experience;
- Strong M&E experience;
- Proven training and facilitation skills; and
- Fluency speaking, reading and writing in either English or French, with a minimum of professional proficiency in the other language.
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Please apply on our website: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/CRE1010CREAI/JobBoard/b093422a-53ee-4b40-ae33-72edfc017f55/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=de0cb76a-034c-4b0c-8a60-ce8bec896374