Organization: International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc.
Country: Ghana, Nigeria
Closing date: 01 Apr 2019
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Logistics Specialist
Overview: IBTCI seeks a logistics coordinator for an upcoming evaluation of a USAID project in Ghana and Nigeria. This assessment is being funded by USAID West Africa’s Peace through Evaluation, Learning and Adapting (PELA) Activity. The purpose of this activity is to support USAID/West Africa to be a more effective, efficient and adaptable operating unit in achieving the development objective of strengthening systems of non-violent conflict management in West Africa. This is a 6-week consultancy beginning on or about April 15, 2019. Nigerian and Ghanaian nationals are encouraged to apply. This position is contingent on USAID funding.
Tasks include, but are not be limited to:
· Organizes and schedules interviews for the evaluation, including refreshments when needed
· Organizes and books accommodations and travel for the evaluation team
· Helps the evaluation team with translations and transcription support as needed
· Helps the evaluation team develop and stick to a work plan and agenda
· Serves as the main point of contact for coordinating day-to-day implementation of the evaluation activities and ensures logistical requirements for the evaluation team are met
· Coordinates with the PELA office administrator to ensure compliance with USAID and IBTCI regulations
· Maintains filing system for all hard and soft copy evaluation documents, as directed by the Lead Evaluator and the PELA Research Director
· Maintains supplies and equipment needed for the evaluation, ensures that supplies are available and equipment is in proper working order at all times
· Perform general office clerk duties and errands, such as printing and photocopying, as needed by the evaluation team
· Ensures the evaluation team has adequate communications tools, such as SIM cards and internet, in each evaluation site (Ghana and Nigeria)
This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to work well under limited supervision
· Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
· Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office
· Demonstrated experience with USAID or other donor-funded projects preferred
· Past experience and demonstrated success in working with a cross-cultural teams of evaluators or researchers in the field
· Oral and written fluency in English is required. Additional fluency in French is highly preferred
· Ability and willingness to work with a virtual team
· Superior interpersonal and communication skills
· 2 years previous logistics experience
· Ability to effectively manage logistics support in an organized and timely manner
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, logistics, or related field required.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel to Ghana and Nigeria is required.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
How to apply: