Organization: The International and Ibero-American Foundation for Administration and Public Policies
Closing date: 16 Mar 2019
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR CONTRACTING TWO TRAINERS FOR GHANA POLICE SERVICE
EUROPEAN UNION PROJECT IN GHANA “ACCOUNTABILITY, RULE OF LAW AND ANTI-CORRUPTION PROGRAMME – ARAP**”**
In order to its foundational purposes, the Foundation FIIAPP F.S.P. has been awarded the Delegation Agreement “Accountability, Rule of Law and Anti-corruption Programme – ARAP” funded by the European Union. The overall objective of the programme is to promote good governance in Ghana by reducing corruption and improving accountability and compliance with the rule of law, particularly when it comes to accountability, anti-corruption and environmental governance.
The purpose of these terms of reference is to contract two consultants to develop a set of training modules for the Police Training School and Ghana Police Academy in the area of communications, accountability, anti-corruption, professionalism, ethics and emotional intelligence.
The total amount of days required is 150 days until the end of the programme in January 2021.
3. DESCRIPTION OF THE SERVICES TO BE DEVELOPED
The consultants would be required to perform the following tasks:
· In close collaboration with the Ghana Police Service, identify training needs of cadets and police officers in the area of communication, ethics, emotional intelligence, accountability and anti-corruption.
· Discuss and agree with relevant departments of the Ghana Police Service training format and methodology.
· Develop training curriculum, trainer manual and student manual and any other relevant material.
· If needed, develop and deliver a Training of Trainers to relevant officers of the Ghana Police Service.
· Monitor and evaluate the impact of the training module and develop recommendations to the Ghana Police Service and the ARAP Coordination Unit
Additionally, the Candidate with the higher score will be responsible of the trainings and will be coordinating the assignments.
4. CRITERIA FOR THE EVALUATION
The evaluation of the proposals will be made according to the table below:
· University Degree in political science, social science or other relevant field.
· At least 10 years of experience as police officer
· At least 10 years of experience in developing and delivering training to security institutions in developing countries.
· At least 5 years of experience in anti-corruption programmes
Merits and actions indicated in the table will be evaluated with the CV’s information.
(Merit / Criteria / Maximum Score)
Maximum Total: 100 points
For the technical deliberation, the score will be given according to the table’s criteria.
Finally, the two candidates with the best score will be hired, the first of them will be the Coordinator.
The official starting date will be the following day to the contract formalization.
How to apply:
Interested parties who meet the requirements defined in these terms of reference can be sent its proposal to the following e-mail address: email@example.com, indicating on the title in the subject: “Trainer for Ghana Police Service”.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 17 March 2019.