Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 28 Feb 2019
Position Title : Project Development and Reporting Officer
Duty Station : Accra, Ghana
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 28 February 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cook Islands, Cuba, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Grenada, Guyana, Iceland, Kiribati, Comoros, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Lao People’s Democratic
Republic, Saint Lucia, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Palau, Paraguay, Solomon Islands, Seychelles, Suriname, Sao Tome and Principe, Eswatini,
Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and in close coordination with the Resources Management Officer (RMO) and Project/Programme Managers (PMs), the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for contributing to project development, supporting the tracking of progress of implementation for IOM programmes and projects in Ghana and ensuring monitoring and reporting requirements are met.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Development, Social or Political Sciences, Management or a related field from an accredited University with two years of relevant professional experience, or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience with logical framework approach and other strategic planning approaches, and monitoring methods and approaches;
• At least two years of progressively responsible, relevant professional experience and expertise in preparation of monthly, quarterly or annual programmes/projects reviews and in identifying the key performance questions, indicators and parameters for monitoring programmes/projects performance and achievements;
• Experience in liaising with donors and relevant stakeholders;
• Excellent knowledge of migration management principles, concepts and techniques.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 28 February 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 15.02.2019 to 28.02.2019
Requisition: VN 2019/44 (P) – Project Development and Reporting Officer (P2) – Accra, Ghana
Posting: Posting NC55833646 (55833646) Released