Organization: FHI 360
Closing date: 25 Feb 2019
FHI 360 is currently seeking a qualified Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Advisor for an upcoming five-year USAID Ghana Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) project. The project will provide technical assistance to the Government of Ghana to strengthen the capacity of the Ghana Health System (GHS) to implement Universal Health Coverage (UHC) and address key functions of the health system. The M&E Advisor provides guidance and strategic direction to the project’s monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities, including identification of areas for performance improvement and data use. The position will be based in Accra and is contingent upon award to FHI 360. Ghanaian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Leads development of the project’s performance monitoring plan and learning agenda, including development of indicator reference sheets and a project level database
- Leads and/or contributes to design and implementation of assessments, evaluations, surveys (baseline and end line) and operations research
- Develops and directly contributes to the development and implementation of M&E tools and systems to improve ability to collect, interpret, and aggregate data that demonstrate impact and program accountability and progress
- Contributes to the preparation of technical deliverables, routine reporting, and communications products to reflect monitoring and evaluation results
- Supervises the project’s M&E team
- Works closely with project staff and external counterparts (e.g., MoH HMIS unit) to design strategies for data collection, management, and use to improve health system performance, including identification of innovative digital health platforms interventions for data visualization
- Liaises with national, multisectoral, and donor M&E TWG and colleagues to ensure programs provide complementary support and contribution to evolution of country M&E systems
- Oversees capacity building activities on M&E topics, including the development of workshop materials, webinars, the design and management of workshops for implementing partners, the development of technical briefs, learning modules, and M&E guides
- Provides training to staff, primary stakeholders, and implementing partners on M&E components in project design, including monitoring plans, assessments, reviews, surveys, and evaluations
- Presents results to stakeholders and clients
- Identifies best practices for documentation as success stories, technical reports, or peer review publications; reviews surveillance, research, and evaluation publications prior to release to stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s degree or its equivalent preferred) in public health, statistics, epidemiology, social sciences, international development, human development, or related field
- At least five years of relevant experience in designing and leading M&E and collaborative learning processes
- Experience in designing and using digital health platforms preferred
- Extensive experience in the use of measurement methods required for monitoring and evaluation of public health programs
- Proven track record of successful working relationships with USAID and of managing data from multiple sources
- English-language writing, data analysis, and presentation skills required
- Experience with Tableau, and/or Power BI, as well as experience using statistical software packages such as EpiInfo, SAS, SPSS, or Stata for data analysis and modeling preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse teams in developing country locations and to produce results within specific timeframes while meeting deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply: