Organization: FHI 360
Closing date: 25 Feb 2019
FHI 360 is seeking candidates for a Quality Improvement Advisor (QI) to provide technical leadership to an anticipated USAID-funded, five-year Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) project in Ghana. The project will provide technical assistance to the Government of Ghana to strengthen the capacity of the Ghana Health System (GHS) to implement Universal Health Coverage (UHC) and address key functions of the health system. Serving as a member of the technical team, the QI Advisor will support the Deputy Chief of Party to design, implement, and manage technical activities related to improving service quality from the national level to the community level. The position will be based in Accra and is contingent upon award to FHI 360. Ghanaian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Responsible for designing and executing the overall QI strategy for the project and for supporting the DCOP to track the achievement of project results for QI
- Develops strategic alliances with national ministries, county governments, and technical working groups on QI, along with international partners, donors, and foundations working to improve health service quality in Ghana, from the national level to the community level
- Supports the Government of Ghana in assessing, reviewing, and updating relevant strategies, policies, and guidelines related to QI
- Provides technical support to the Ghana Health System and other relevant agencies in rolling out interventions within the sector using various methodologies for QI systems strengthening
- Facilitates the effective utilization and dissemination of QI data
- Supports capacity development at the national units and sub-national teams to integrate QI activities in their objectives and programs to improve healthcare outcomes and service delivery
- Supports the development of metrics for QI and provides technical support for the integration of appropriate monitoring, evaluation, and learning systems at all levels of the GHS
- Produces quarterly and annual reports on the results of QI activities
- Builds strong and effective working relationships with Government of Ghana, civil society, and other development partners working in QI, health systems strengthening, and related sectors by convening relevant stakeholders at various forums, conferences, and working groups
- Manages and coordinates implementation learning related to QI
- Master’s degree, or its international equivalent or higher, in public health, health program planning and management, or other relevant field preferred
- At least five years of professional experience in managing and implementing health systems strengthening programs in quality improvement
- At least five years of professional experience in managing USAID and/or international development organization projects
- Proven experience in successful implementation of programs designed to improve service quality at national and decentralized government levels
- Specific technical expertise in quality improvement models preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; knowledge of local language will be an advantage
- Experience in working with key stakeholders in Ghana strongly desired
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law
How to apply: