Organization: MDF Training & Consultancy
Closing date: 11 Oct 2018
The Ghana Innovation Hub is Accra’s newest co-working space, which opened its doors on October 1st 2018. We offer a physical space, as well as business development services, investment matchmaking and ecosystem support, with the aim to improve the entrepreneurial ecosystem. The hub was set up by BlueSpace Africa, the Ghana Technology University College (GTUC) and MDF West Africa under the eTransform program of the Ministry of Communications.
We are currently looking for a team of pleasant Front Desk Receptionists to undertake all receptionist and clerical duties at the Ghana Innovation Hub. You will be the “face” of the company for all visitors and will be responsible for the first impression we make.
The receptionists will welcome all visitors by greeting them in person, directing them appropriately and notifying relevant Ghana Innovation Hub colleagues of their arrival. S/he will provide basic and accurate information to the public; in-person as well as via phone/email regarding the services offered by the Hub. S/he will answer, screen and process all incoming phone calls and e-mails; or direct them to the most appropriate colleague. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
• Greeting and welcoming guests;
• Opening or closing of the hub facilities;
• Updating the Hub’s social media channels;
• Keeping the front desk tidy and presentable with all necessary material (pens, forms, paper etc.);
• Answering questions and address complaints;
• Answer all incoming calls and redirect them or keep messages;
• Check, sort and forward emails;
• Receive letters, packages etc. and distribute them;
• Prepare outgoing mail by drafting correspondence, securing parcels etc;
• Monitor office supplies and place orders when necessary;
• Keep an overview of the bookings of the co-working space, private offices, board room, brainstorm room, training/events space and/or meeting rooms;
• Support in activities in the training and events space; e.g. making sure the place is set-up, support with materials, etc;
• Support with travel arrangements, and schedules of staff;
• Monitor office expenses and costs;
• Take up other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have a friendly and easy going personality while also being very perceptive, disciplined and pro-active. You should be able to deal with complaints and give accurate information. A customer-oriented approach is essential. The requirements for this position are:
• A High School diploma; additional qualifications will be a plus;
• Proven knowledge of office management and experience as front desk representative, agent or other relevant position;
• Familiarity with office equipment (e.g. phones, scanner, printer etc.);
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office (such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint); and experience with WordPress and/or online booking systems will be a plus;
• Experience in managing social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Whatsapp and familiar with their additional features such as boosting posts, creating stories, etc;
• Knowledge of basic bookkeeping;
• Proficient in English (oral and written); local languages will be a plus;
• Affinity with entrepreneurship and technology;
• Customer service orientation and problem-solving skills;
• Strong communication and people skills;
• Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
You should be available from Monday to Sunday between 6AM and 10PM and ideally live within close proximity of the Ghana Innovation Hub. We are recruiting a larger team of receptionists and will schedule the work in shifts.
The Ghana Innovation Hub
We are located in the middle block of the Accra Digital Center.
Our Google Maps location is: https://goo.gl/maps/ARkUJtzsTYT2 Website: www.ghanainnovationhub.com
How to apply:
You can send your application to email@example.com before the 11th of October at 5PM GMT. Please include:
We encourage you to also send in a link to a video in which you explain why you should be hired for this position. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis from now and the intended start date for the position is as soon as possible. For questions or inquiries, please contact Joana on 0243578331.