Organization: Tetra Tech
Closing date: 06 Jul 2018
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting applications from qualified Knowledge Management and Learning (KML) Specialist candidates for the ongoing five-year USAID funded West Africa Biodiversity and Climate Change Project (WA BiCC). WA BiCC has three components: to combat wildlife trafficking, increase coastal resilience to climate change, and reduce deforestation, forest degradation, and biodiversity loss in West Africa.
Position Description/ Summary: WA BiCC has an explicit learning mandate of which Knowledge Management and Learning (KML) is essential and is the foundation on which the program is built. The KML Specialist will be responsible for leading strategic and systemic collection of information to inform and adapt current and future evidence-based actions to help highlight the links between policy and practice, generating information to influence these connections and improve the capacity of regional, national, and local institutions in relation to the three WA BiCC components. The KML Specialist will work as an integral member of the WA BiCC team and will lead the Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting Unit, which includes monitoring and evaluation (M&E), capacity building, and communications. The successful candidate will serve on the Senior Management Team (SMT) and be based in Accra, Ghana with regional travel. The KML Specialist will report directly to the Chief of Party (COP).
* Provide strategic guidance and leadership to a technical team of experts to define and oversee the implementation of a Knowledge Management and Learning (KML) strategy on combatting wildlife trafficking, increasing coastal resilience and reducing deforestation, forest degradation and biodiversity loss in West Africa.
* Define and lead the process to engage staff, stakeholders and grantees to identify, evaluate and document best practices in environment, climate change adaptation and natural resource management with a focus on combatting wildlife trafficking, increasing coastal resilience and reducing deforestation, forest degradation and biodiversity loss in West Africa.
* Guide the communications team to define and implement a communications strategy and plan that fosters uptake of WA BiCC generated best practices, knowledge and learning among policy makers, and practitioners throughout the region.
* Ensure that the project makes significant contributions to communities of practice and knowledge platforms in natural resources management and coastal adaptation to climate change.
* Maintain knowledge management and learning product tracking lists (lessons learned, best practices, issue briefs, advocacy, etc.).
* Lead and manage the development of high quality knowledge products in close coordination with the three Component Leads, advisors, and communications team.
* Develop SOWs for STTA to support the development of knowledge management and learning products.
* Provide timely delivery of knowledge management and learning products.
* Serve as a member of the SMT.
* Advanced degree in biodiversity, natural resource management, climate change, related research, adult learning, communications, or related field.
* Minimum of 10 years of experience in a leadership position managing multi-disciplinary development teams.
* Minimum of 6 years of experience working in a relevant discipline in West Africa and familiarity with key stakeholders in the region.
* Demonstrated capacity to initiate, coordinate, and facilitate knowledge and learning among technical staff and stakeholders at multiple levels and across multiple sectors.
* Experience working with communications and capacity building teams to scale up and communicate best practices.
* Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English. English-French bilingual skills strongly preferred.
* Experience supporting long-term learning and adaptive management on natural resources management, biodiversity or climate change topics.
* Experience in designing and facilitating learning events for donors, governments, and civil society organizations working on natural resource management.
How to apply:
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
*CV in reverse chronological format
*Employee Biographical Data Sheet
*Optional-Writing Sample – must be sole authorship, maximum 10 pages
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/2LtioNT
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.