Organization: Tetra Tech
Closing date: 06 Jul 2018
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting applications from qualified Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)/ Technical candidates for the ongoing five-year USAID funded West Africa Biodiversity and Climate Change Project (WA BiCC). WA BiCC has three components: to combat wildlife trafficking, increase coastal resilience to climate change, and reduce deforestation, forest degradation, and biodiversity loss.
Position Description/ Summary: The DCOP/ Technical’s primary responsibility will be providing leadership and coordination for Annual Work Plan (AWP) activities developed by the three components outlined above. The DCOP/ Technical will work with the Component Leads Technical Unit to identify and develop high-quality, diverse, and targeted learning products in close collaboration with the Policy and Partnerships specialist, the Knowledge Management and Learning (KML) Specialist, and the Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) sub-units. The collaborations with these specialists and sub-units also include core regional partners. The DCOP/ Technical will ensure that learning results are integrated and articulated within each activity included in the final, approved AWP deliverable. The DCOP/ Technical will serve on the Senior Management Team (SMT) and will be expected to represent the Program, along with other SMT members, to USAID, other international donors and senior-level Government officials and policy makers are required. The DCOP/ Technical will report to the Chief of Party (COP), and will be based in Accra, Ghana.
* Lead and provide oversight to all technical aspects of the WA BiCC program related to the 3 technical components and ensure that learning objects are defined and implemented on a continuous basis during work plan implementation.
* Oversee the development of technical work plan proposals for the Annual Work Plan (AWP) with all technical/program staff and work with the DCOP/ Operations and his team to ensure that adequate budget resources are available to support proposed activities.
* Work with the DCOP/ Operations to ensure that finance related to technical activities are planned and managed effectively in close coordination with all technical/ program staff.
* Ensure that technical staff and activities comply with Tetra Tech’s management, operational and security procedures, policies and regulations, as well as USAID’s procedures and regulations, including the Environmental Mitigation and Monitoring Plan (EMMP).
* Work with the Knowledge Management and Learning Specialist to ensure that the Learning Products developed under Component Leads contribute strategically to the WA BiCC-wide KML and Communications Strategies.
* Ensure quality control for technical content and strategic relevance on all technical activities, concepts, scopes of work, deliverables. Ensure that reasonable deadlines are set and met and all written products are of a high-quality and near ready for external audiences.
* Lead the development for all KML/Communications products identified by the Technical Unit and ensure high-quality writing and substance with clear messaging, identified audiences and all elements to guarantee that knowledge and lessons generated are effectively articulated and disseminated.
* Serve as a Member of the SMT.
* Oversee the development of concept notes and technical scopes of work for short-term technical assistance (STTA) consultants being proposed by the Component Leads.
* Work with the Senior Policy Specialist and WA BiCC Advisors to the Mano River Union, Abidjan Convention, and ECOWAS to coordinate interactions with these WA BiCC institutional partners.
* Serve as Acting COP on an as needed basis.
* A minimum of a Master’s degree in a relevant field or a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with an additional ten years’ experience to the required minimums above.
* Demonstrated expertise and at least ten years’ professional experience working in climate change, natural resource management or biodiversity development programs with proven results in the development of KML/Communications or other outreach/influence or related products.
* Direct experience working in West Africa is highly desirable.
* Minimum five years of work experience as Deputy Chief of Party, Senior Program Manager or an equivalent position managing large (at least $5 million per year) complex development programs, preferably within a West African context.
* Experience working on regional programs strongly preferred.
* Excellent and verifiable writing and editing English language skills. English-French bilingual skills strongly preferred.
* Demonstrated effectiveness in strategic thinking and policy analysis and ability to engage with host country government and regional organizations.
* Demonstrated ability to be collaborative across projects: flexible and creative.
* Proven, high quality technical writing and editing experience for diverse audiences, including USAID.
* Demonstrated expertise in gender programming.
* Strong communications and interpersonal skills with evidence of ability to productively interact with a wide range and levels of organizations (government, private sector, NGOs and research institutions).
How to apply:
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
*CV in reverse chronological format
*Employee Biographical Data Sheet
*Optional-Writing Sample – must be sole authorship, maximum 10 pages
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/2xNZH5I
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.