Organization: MDF Training & Consultancy
Closing date: 17 Jun 2018
MDF West Africa is Looking for a Business Development Expert
MDF West Africa Limited (MDF WA), is the regional training & consultancy provider of MDF Training & Consultancy (www.mdf.nl/Ghana) covering the West African Market.
MDF WA works to strengthen the management capacities of people, networks and organisations. We enable professionals, organisations, partnerships & networks to achieve sustainable results and results that matter; for a better world. We do this because we are convinced that people who continue to develop themselves are best equipped to make a sustainable difference towards more equitable societies and the creation of social impact.
MDF’s core competencies are:
- Training and Consultancy – i.e. our open entry or tailor-made trainings for individuals, networks and organisations;
- Monitoring and Evaluation– i.e. baseline, mid-term or final evaluations for regional projects and programmes;
- Project and Programme implementation – i.e. implementation support for partners and the development of our own business ideas.
MDF established its regional office for the West African Region in Accra in 2009.
MDF West Africa is looking to recruit entrepreneurial professionals for our Enterprising Partnerships Team (EPT). We develop commercial solutions with impact in sectors such as Agriculture, Fintech and Education; and develop and run support programmes for companies with the same aim. Examples of this are our Joint Venture for compost and gas production from biowaste, the development of a mobile learning app, running support programmes for start-ups and SMEs, developing a payment platform for financial inclusion and setting up a food processing company which will source from smallholder farmers. We are looking for experts who can pro-actively support these efforts, including scouting of partner opportunities, networking and writing of (investment) proposals.
Main Task and Responsibilities
We are looking for enthusiastic experts who can help us develop, market and find the right partners to make our entrepreneurial solutions successful. You are able to:
- Identify, follow-up and respond to opportunities in the West African region;
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and client satisfaction;
- Analyze risks and opportunities;
- Build and maintain good working relationships with new and existing clients and are able to conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs;
- Design and implement business plans and strategies; Write (investment) proposals and reports and pitch ideas to potential partners;
- Organize and coordinate operations for your projects in ways that ensure maximum productivity;
- Work in a team where you add your knowledge and insights to other projects as well.
- You are highly entrepreneurial; previous experience in running an own business is a plus;
- You have at least a bachelor degree in business, ICT, finance, agriculture, law, international trade or any other relevant field;
- You have a minimum of 5 to 10 years work experience in the private sector – i.e. as a business development manager, investment manager, sales executive, project manager or other relevant roles;
- Previous consultancy and advisory expertise, individually or as part of an organization/firm is a plus;
- You have regional and international working experience;
- You are familiar with the lean start-up method and human-centered design;
- You are capable to handle administrative, communication and knowledge management technologies – i.e. Microsoft Word and Excel, Email Management System, Adobe, Skype, LinkedIn, and more;
- You must be fluent in English speaking and writing; French is a plus.
- You have experience in participatory facilitation and you have excellent presentation skills. You are comfortable in front of a group (4-25 people) with international character;
- Experience in (impact) evaluation is a plus;
- You are interested to learn and improve yourself and your projects;
- You are service- and client oriented; You are pro-active, business driven, and professional;
- You are willing to travel within the West-African region;
- You are a team player, flexible, and you go the extra mile;
- You have strong communication skills (both verbal and written) via email, phone and face to face – i.e. respectful business oriented, broad vocabulary, and understanding of culture and customs;
- You can work independently, take responsibility, and you have a practical approach;
- You can deal with productivity and turnover targets
- You have excellent organizational, time management, negotiation and persuasion skills;
- You are comfortable in an (international / Dutch) work environment;
- You are good at maintaining relationships and networking;
- You care about making a change.
MDF’s work cuts across different sectors and brings together knowledge from different fields and disciplines. Please indicate your fields of expertise and focus sectors clearly in your application.
How to apply:
The position will be full-time (Monday-Friday) and the intended start date for is July 1st.
You can submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy sent to email@example.com with subject Application Business Development Expert before the 17th of June (5PM GMT). Applications that are not in before this time will be rejected. . Please attach the following:
- A cover letter (2-page maximum), outlining your interest in, and qualifications for the position;
- Your CV (including two professional references);
- A sample or description of relevant work;
- A video which explains what you could add to our team (via YouTube, Vimeo or sent via Wetransfer) would be strongly encouraged.
We will be interviewing people on a rolling basis from date of publication. An assessment and reference check will be part of the application procedure. There are no relocation funds available. Ghanaian nationals are encouraged to apply.
ONLY CANDIDATES WHO MEET THE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU DON’T HEAR FROM US BY JUNE 20TH , YOU CAN CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION UNSUCCESSFUL.