Organization: Creative Associates International
Closing date: 08 Jun 2018
Creative Associates International (Creative Associates) is implementing the USAID/West Africa’s program Partnerships for Peace (P4P). The five-year program is partnering with stakeholders at the regional, national, and sub-national level across several West African countries, to develop a shared foundational understanding of countering violent extremism (CVE) in the region. The findings will improve institutional capacity of organizations and governments to implement more effective and coordinated CVE approaches. To lead and support the implementation of Partnerships for Peace, Creative Associates seeks to engage a highly qualified and motivated team.
The Regional Field Coordinator will have a background in conflict or CVE, will be based in Accra, and will assist with all programmatic aspects of the P4P project, ensuring effective and efficient program management. S/he will be responsible for coordinating with all Country Representatives to ensure that activities are moving forward in each country, serving as point of contact for the Country Representative for all technical, operational and logistical considerations, and liaising with the appropriate Accra-based operational staff to ensure compliance with all required procedures and regulations.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Regional Field Coordinator will report to the Chief of Party (COP).
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the COP, the Regional Field Coordinator will:
- Oversee the implementation of the project’s work plan at the regional and country levels;
- Work with the Country Representatives (CRs) to identify and resolve any implementation issues or bottlenecks that may occur, and escalating to the COP if necessary;
- Ensure that activities and reports are accurately captured and shared in a timely manner with the main office and USAID;
- Ensure and enable routine communication and coordination between the CRs and USAID representatives in each country around activity development, implementation and reporting;
- Contribute to the writing and preparation of Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reports;
- Ensure that the Country Representatives/offices maintain compliance with USAID regulations with regards to auditing requirements, procurement, grants management, financial management and that they adhere to general operational protocols overall office management;
- Investigate, identify and advise on new ways of achieving project operational efficiencies, including developing critical relationships and building networks with public and private sector organizations, vendors, suppliers, and individuals, in consultation with the Accra based operations team and the COP;
- In coordination with and at the direction of the COP and USAID, support the implementation and monitoring of P4P’s work with regional partners;
- Support the country teams in identifying potential grantees and documenting small grant activities, in conjunction with the Grants and Database Manager;
- Advise the COP and DCOP on the evolution of the local political, legal, and economic situation and on how to continuously adapt the P4P program to ensure that it remains relevant and effective;
- Provide technical expertise during field visits when required; and
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
B.A. or B.S. Degree in Public Policy, Public Administration, International Relations, Political Science or related discipline. Master’s degree preferred.**Experience, Knowledge and Skills:**
- Minimum of six (6) years of professional experience and four (4) years working in international development in areas specific to the position;
- At least two (2) years working in the domain of CVE or in conflict environments or areas affected by violent extremism;
- Experience with program management, reporting and communication;
- Understanding of the U.S. Government’s (preferably USAID) operational and contractual requirements;
- Experience with activity design as well as development and management of projects, preferably including both community-level and national-level activities;
- Fluency in written and oral English and French is required;
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly in multi-cultural environments using fluent French;
- Ability to multitask and deal with stressful situations; and
- Ability to adapt within the working environment.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and a CV/Resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position you are applying for in the subject header.