Organization: International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc.
Closing date: 28 May 2018
IBTCI is seeking a Senior R&E Advisor for its the Evidence for Development (E4D) project in Accra, Ghana. E4D promotes evidence-based decision making, supports a regional effort to expand the use of family planning services, and increases the accessibility of high-quality HIV services for most-at-risk populations to decrease the burden of disease. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of all the operations research and evaluations under the E4D project. The R&E Advisor is the lead technical advisor for the project and will be responsible for ensuring the quality of all E4D task order technical deliverables related to R&E.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all mid-term and final evaluations, baseline assessments and operations research functions of the project.
- Work closely with the Contracting Officer Representative, other USAID, and IBTCI technical staff to develop methodologies necessary to meet the deliverables required in the SOWs for evaluation tasks.
- Serve as lead analyst for interpreting the results of surveys and other field data and will be responsible for preparing an evaluation and research reports.
- Work collaboratively with the Capacity Building Advisor to strengthen capacity building of project partners in evaluation and research.
- Develop data analysis plan and conduct qualitative and/or quantitative data analysis as required.
- Coordinate field implementation of research and evaluation activities including training of data collectors.
- Supervise the development of Desk Review Documents regarding research activities and inception reports.
- Develop evaluation designs, sampling and data collections strategies and methodology as well as other design elements as required. Provide timely updates to COP as requested.
- Generate quarterly update results and accomplishments per the E4D monitoring and evaluation plan.
- Develop and submit monthly achievements; lessons learned and challenges on E4D’s Intermediary Result #1.
- Supervise the development of training materials and conduct training in R&E and data management and analysis.
- May have the responsibility for supervising the R&E Team.
- Ensure timely completion and submissions of all deliverables.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Previous experience with USAID-funded projects and knowledge of USAID’s policies, standards, guidance and protocols highly desired.
- Experience using SPSS, STATA and/or other analytical software packages, including qualitative analytical software packages such as NVIVO or Atlas.ti.
- Ability to effectively work in teams and embrace participatory approaches.
- At least 10 years of experience in designing and implementing operations and research projects in Africa.
- Experience leading teams for evaluations/research studies.
- Prior evaluation experience in West Africa required.
- Strong background in field research in health programming
- Previous experience in qualitative and quantitative methods and analysis required.
- Experience designing and conducting operational research studies.
- Experience managing analysis, synthesis, documentation, and dissemination of lessons for a range of stakeholders.
- Strong skills in designing mid-term and final evaluations of international health development projects including identifying appropriate evaluation questions, designing appropriate methods, data analysis, synthesis, interpretations, report writing, and presentation.
- Demonstrated skills in research design, research methods, quantitative and qualitative data analysis and management, skills in developing and submitting IRB applications.
- Excellent organizational, writing, communication and negotiation skills required.
- Ability and willingness to travel at least 25% of the time.
- Oral and written fluency in both English and French required.
Education: Master’s degree in Evaluation, Epidemiology, Public Health or related field required. Ph.D. preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment as well as fieldwork.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Average of 25% travel required.
How to apply:
If qualified and interested in this opportunity please apply via below link with an updated resume and three professional references.