Closing date: 29 Jan 2018
Background Information – Job-specific
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS), Ghana Operational Hub based in Accra – Ghana with Country Offices in Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria and Sierra Leone. UNOPS GHOH has developed a compelling solid reputation across the globe in the delivery of its core mandates in the areas of Project Management, Infrastructure and Procurement.
What drives us is a passion to fight inequalities and to provide opportunities to those most vulnerable. This means we often work in the most challenging environments, building foundations for communities to function and people to live with dignity and respect. To succeed here, you’ll need to be able to combine creativity with the organizational skills to manage numerous different projects to tight deadlines simultaneously, as well as working with the different units to meet their expectations.
We are therefore, looking for intellectually curious talented qualified Ghanaians with solid Procurement and Supply Chain Management acumen with stakeholder focus to join the team as Procurement Officer for the Ghana Office.
Things happen quickly at UNOPS- Ghana Operational Hub and the work culture encourages you to be an enthusiastic team player – a self-starter who can work cross-functionally and isn’t frightened to take risks or try out new ways of doing things within UNOPS.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Head of Support Services, the Procurement Officer is responsible for effective delivery of procurement services in order to obtain the best value for money. He/she analyzes and interprets the policies, rules and regulations and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex issues related to procurement management. The Procurement Officer promotes a collaborative, client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach in the Unit. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Implementation of operational strategies
- Management of procurement processes
- Implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Ensures elaboration and implementation of operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UNOPS Rules, Regulations, Procurement Manual and Organization Directives; implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
- Analysis of requirements and synthesis of proposals for cost-saving and reduction strategies.
- Synthesis of proposals and implementation of contract strategy in the Business Unit, including tendering processes and evaluation, contractor appraisal, managing the contract and contractor, legal considerations and payment conditions, risk assessment.
- Implementation of strategic procurement management in the Business Unit, including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management, e-procurement introduction and promotion, performance measurement
2. Manages and guides procurement processes for Business Unit, and at the request of other Agencies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Timely and duly prepared procurement plans for the office and projects and monitoring of their implementation.
- Implementation of proper monitoring and control of procurement processes including organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNOPS rules and regulation.
- Review and certification of submissions to the Contracts and Property Committees (CPC).
- Management of procurement contracts.
- Implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
3. Ensures introduction and implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Development and management of the rosters of suppliers, elaboration of supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms.
- Management of e-procurement module.
4. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the Business Unit focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of trainings for the Business Unit personnel on Procurement Management.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in Procurement Management.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Education Master’s degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or related field.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement related area with 4 years of working experience will be considered.
Applicants with a relevant Diploma Certificate with 6 years of relevant working experience will also be considered.
Professional certification in CIPS is considered an asset.
2 years of progressively responsible experience of successful implementation of procurement management in various situations is required.
Prior experience within the UNOPS or UN agency is an asset.
Field based experience and demonstrated delivery of procurement management services in conflict and/or post conflict situations is an added advantage.
Procurement and Supply chain management experience in Public or developmental organization is desirable.
Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
How to apply:
Click on the link below: