Organization: DAI Global
Closing date: 31 Jan 2018
DAI Europe is currently preparing for the forthcoming EU project “***Technical Assistance to the Ministry of Finance for the implementation of the Ghana Public Finance Management Support Programme**”*** which is expected to start in June 2018. DAI Europe is a leading development company with an extensive EU and with offices in Brussels and London. DAI Europe is part of DAI Global which is based in Washington DC. DAI has extensive experience in managing public finance, accountability, internal and external audit in countries such as Nigeria, Ethiopia, RDC or Kenya.
The objective of the project is to contribute to build sound public sector financial management and accountability on both the revenue and expenditure side. This service contract is foreseen to provide Technical Assistance (TA) to the Ministry of Finance and independent government institutions, to ensure the realization of the following key result areas of the programme:
· External and internal audit functions of Ghana Audit Service (GAS), Internal Audit Agency (IAA) and Public Procurement Authority (PPA) are improved and coordination among Independence Governance Institutions (IGIs) is enhanced.
· Legislative oversight is strengthened through improved capacity building initiatives and targeted training.
DAI is currently recruiting public finance management experts to support this initiative. We welcome applications for the position of Team Leader and also for Key Experts with skills and experience in the above fields. English language is required for all positions.
The Team Leader will have responsibility for the management of the project team and for ensuring that the project objectives are met. He/She will report to a DAI Europe Project Director and be supported by a Technical Director. The Team Leader will be the primary point of client contact and will maintain a close working relationship with counterparts and beneficiaries. He/She will be responsible for developing the Work Plan, providing technical and managerial leadership and managing and coordinating the work of all team members.
Profile of Team Leader
· Postgraduate (Masters or equivalent) qualification in Accounting, Business Administration, Business Studies or Chartered Accountancy from a recognised institution.
· 15 years’ experience in financial accounting and financial reporting.
· A thorough knowledge and understanding of Government of Ghana’s financial management system and procedures as well as the reporting requirements of donor agencies would be an added advantage.
· Previous demonstrable experience as Team Leader in West Africa.
· Knowledge and understanding of EC procedures and previous experience as TL on EU project advantageous.
· Excellent networker, strong ethics, good reporting and presentation skill.
Closing Date: 31st January 2018
How to apply: