Organization: The Mitchell Group
Country: Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Niger, Sierra Leone
Closing date: 01 Dec 2017
The Mitchell Group (TMG), an international development consulting firm based in Washington, DC, is currently seeking applications from qualified Research Director (COP) candidates to propose for a learning, evaluation, and adapting activity for USAID/West Africa. To note, this opportunity is in the proposal stage and will only be granted upon successful award of the contract.
The Research Director will be responsible for providing overall vision, leadership and guidance of an activity with the status of Chief of Party. The Research Director shall have principal responsibility for overall activity management and technical operations to ensure that the activity’s tasks are completed, and the objectives of the activity are successfully met. The Research Director is expected to lead the Contractor’s team and serve as the primary point of contact with USAID regarding day-to-day activity implementation and management matters relating to the contract. They will have overall responsibility for assuring that all assistance provided under the Contract, whether by international or local experts/personnel, is technically sound and appropriate for the needs to be addressed; and for adequately managing and supervising the work of all experts/personnel provided under the contract. They will be the primary point of contact for information on the progress and status of all activities under the Contract and will establish appropriate mechanisms to ensure that activity progress and specific implementation concerns are regularly and promptly reported. The Research Director will manage the preparation and presentation of work plans, M&E plans, and all reports. The Research Director should have a strong combination of technical, management and financial experience. Technical experience should include a combination of expertise in the areas of CLA, learning agenda development, analytical research, evaluation, and production of communication products of publishable quality. The Research Director should also have experience with CVE and/or peace promotion.
● At least 6 years of experience successfully managing monitoring and evaluation, CLA, analytical research, and/or program support mechanism;
● Master’s degree in monitoring and evaluation, public administration, political science, international relations, conflict resolution and peacebuilding or related field (PhD preferred);
● Experience in Countering Violent Extremism or Peace Promotion preferred;
● Ability to successfully manage and develop staff in a multi-country and multi-cultural setting as demonstrated by past experience;
● Ability to manage USAID contracts and all required reporting requirements;
● Experience establishing or supporting networks preferred;
● Ability to perform internal control functions to manage day-to-day operations of the Activity; and
● Fluency speaking, reading and writing in English, with a minimum of professional proficiency in French.
How to apply:
Please send relevant CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please indicate “**Research Director / West Africa / (Last Name)**”. CV/resumes will be reviewed as they are received, early application is encouraged. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.