Organization: The Mitchell Group
Country: Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Niger, Sierra Leone
Closing date: 01 Dec 2017
The Mitchell Group (TMG), an international development consulting firm based in Washington, DC, is currently seeking applications from qualified Communications Advisor (DCOP) candidates to propose for a learning, evaluation, and adapting activity for USAID/West Africa. To note, this opportunity is in the proposal stage and will only be granted upon successful award of the contract.
The Mitchell Group is seeking a Communications Advisor for a bid in regional West Africa. The Communication Advisor shall be responsible for presenting activity data, research, and learning to a diverse relevant audience. The Communications Advisor shall have principal responsibility over the editing and review of all research products as well as the development, editing, and review of all communications products produced by the activity. They shall advise on dissemination methods and ensure that products are tailored appropriate audiences. They will also explore and develop means of making complex information, whether generated by the activity or other partners, easily understood. The Communications Advisor shall have the status of Deputy Chief of Party and be capable for directing and managing the activity in the absence of the Director. The Communications Advisor should have a strong combination of technical, management and financial experience. Technical experience should include a combination of expertise in the areas of CLA, learning agenda development, analytical research, evaluation, and production of communication products of publishable quality. The Communications Advisor should also have experience with CVE and/or peace promotion.
● At least 5 years of experience in communications, graphic design, or analytical research and/or program support mechanism;
● Bachelor’s degree in communication, graphic design, public administration, political science, international relations, conflict resolution and peacebuilding or related field (Masters preferred);
● Familiarity with programming development assistance (experience in Countering Violent Extremism or peace promotion preferred);
● Ability to work effectively in a multi-country and multi-cultural setting as demonstrated by past experience;
● Familiarity with internal control functions to manage day-to-day operations of the Activity; and
● Fluency speaking, reading and writing in English and French. ^I
How to apply:
Please send relevant CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please indicate “**Communications Advisor / West Africa / (Last Name)**”. CV/resumes will be reviewed as they are received, early application is encouraged. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please. a