Closing date: 25 Nov 2017
We’re looking for a Program Management Advisor (Accra, Ghana or Washington, DC)
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs, and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
The birthplace of TechnoServe, Ghana, has achieved significant economic development in the last twenty years, averaging growth of 5 percent per annum. TechnoServe has more than 49 years of deep relationships with farmers, government, the private sector, financial institutions, and local business development providers in Ghana. In 2016 alone, TechnoServe Ghana supported 32,700 farmers, businesses, and employees to generate more than $13 million in incremental financial benefits.
TechnoServe Ghana currently has a large and diverse portfolio of funding and programming. TechnoServe Ghana is working in partnership with the public and private sector to sustainably increase the incomes of small-scale farmers and entrepreneurs across the country. Building on its strong reputation, TechnoServe Ghana is evolving new strategies to capture increasingly competitive funding, and continuing to pioneer innovative models for private sector engagement.
The Program Manager’s primary responsibility is to support the implementation of a portfolio of projects in Ghana to achieve programmatic excellence, sound financial management, and contractual compliance. The Program Manager will provide a broad range of programmatic, logistical, and administrative support to Ghana project staff to assist in the successful implementation of projects and programs. The level of this position will depend on the experience and skills of the candidate. Key activities for this role are:
- Lead Project Managers through exercises of developing work plans that strategically align with projects’ targets, deliverables, and objectives.
- Support Project Managers in updating and refining their work plans on a monthly basis.
- Review and discuss work plans with Project Managers before submitting them toCountry and Regional leadership for strategic review.
- Help Project Managers to ensure effective and timely execution of projects.
- Support Project Managers on donor management as needed.
- Support recruitment and contracting of staff, fellows, and interns, as needed.
- Develop and keep up-to-date a RASCI matrix for each project that clearly outlines all project-related roles and responsibilities within a matrix management structure.
- Support budget or contract modification processes, as needed.
Reporting and Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Work with Project Managers and M&E managers to ensure satisfactory M&E.
- Support Project Managers in creating quarterly Project Status Reports that summarize activities, results, and challenges from the previous quarter.
- Ensure accurate and timely gathering and submission of corporate measurement data.
- Assist in drafting all donor reports, including annual, semi-annual, and quarterly progress reports and work plans, as required.
- Develop reports and presentation decks for donors.
Develop marketing content including blog posts, fact sheets, case studies, brochures, etc.
Support Project Managers to develop annual bottom-up budgets that align strategically with work plans, targets, and deliverables.
Hold review meetings with project teams to ensure expenditures are maintained on-budget and corrective action or budget revisions occur when variances exceed the donor’s line-item flexibility.
Support project teams to update and review their projections on a monthly basis and revise as necessary.
Ensure financial systems are set up or updated to ensure full financial compliance with donor reporting requirements.
Provide guidance to projects on their team’s time and expenses charging structure in alignment with the donor budget and the allocation of costs by reporting categories.
Ensure 100% contractual and agreement compliance for donor projects.
- Assist Country Director and Senior Regional Program Manager on a needs basis with strategic and operational tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, economics, business or other relevant subjects. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least three years of work experience in international development in Africa.
- Detail orientation, including strong organizational, analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong budget management and financial analysis skills including proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to anticipate demand, manage multiple tasks/ projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Proven team player with strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Outstanding written communication skills including prior experience editing and proofreading documents.
- Strong project management skills including the ability to anticipate demand and manage multiple tasks and projects while meeting tight deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet.
- Strong written communications skills.
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 40% of the time.
- Fluency in English required; proficiency in French a plus.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=SGVydHkuMDgyMjAuMzgzMEB0ZWNobm9zZXJ2ZS5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20