- Provides strategic input into the overall talent management approach for the region, and supports the organization in adopting and executing the Global TM strategy.
- Drives improvement in bench strength and organizational capability across the region through the effective use of the talent framework.
- Drives the effective and appropriate implementation of programs, process and tools.
- Drives the coaching and development of the regional talent management team, business partners and the business to achieve desired outcomes.
Deliver an effective, efficient and customer centric Talent strategy for the region
- Develop and manage a regional strategy for Talent Management across the full talent lifecycle, specifically: talent acquisition and sourcing, onboarding, employee engagement, talent development, leadership development, career development, performance management, succession planning, and inclusion and diversity (collectively referred to as talent activities)
- Support Regional Manager, Organizational Effectiveness and Regional VPHR in reviewing and analyzing talent data to enable strategic decision making related to talent
- Ensure integration between all talent activities, tools and programs to enable the achievement of regional strategic priorities
- Partner closely with all regional COE, Operations and Site teams to ensure strategic alignment across all programs and talent decisions
- Collaborate with business partners and leaders to design and implement talent activities across the full talent cycle, which may include succession plans, leadership and individual development planning, short and long-term strategic org design, recruiting goals/plans, and team effectiveness strategies
- Develop and implement appropriate policies, guidelines, SOPs and process flows for all regional talent activities
- Appropriately manage relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure customer satisfaction
Oversee day to day delivery and execution of Talent Management activities
- Prepare and manage an annual calendar of all talent programs and activities and discussions, and follow up on key actions and cadence in conjunction with the Regional Manager, Organizational Effectiveness and Regional VPHR
- Lead the execution of all Newmont Ghana’s talent programs and activities including design, implementation, automation and continuous improvement, as per the regional business and strategic priorities
- Develop, maintain, and update region-specific talent tools, templates and resources (Succession Process, 9-box, Potential Assessment, Global Talent Pool framework, Employee Profile)
- Establish, monitor and maintain all processes
- Develop and manage a comprehensive and systematic workforce planning process that aligns business and HR needs to ensure the region has the right people, with the right skills, at the right time
- Maintain a diligent focus on all talent movement, attrition, progression etc. for diverse populations and overall population
- Compile, monitor, and report relevant talent data, and measure progress against key talent metrics established for the year
- Support the standardization of talent management metrics across the organization
Consulting as a Talent Management SME
- Continuously research, understand, articulate and implement talent best practices, insights and learnings
- Provide day-to-day talent solutions, expert counsel, and accurate and timely information to stakeholders
- Anticipate and serve as a consultant on all talent management matters
- Develop and maintain key relationships with internal and external stakeholders as a talent SME within HR in order to provide complex guidance and direction to ensure deliverables and business decisions are within guidelines
- Lead and manage projects that require Talent Management SME expertise
- Provide ongoing consultative support to site and regional HR teams and educate and support the teams to address talent matters
Support Corporate Talent Management Programs
- Partner with global peers to ensure best practices are leveraged and implemented
- Ensure the alignment of regional programs to global guidelines and policies, raising region specific differences and nuances that may need to be managed
- Work with corporate teams to deliver on global programs and projects
- Proactively educate all relevant stakeholders of any impacts driven by corporate or regional strategic decisions
Develop Talent team to reach their full capabilities and deliver on regional talent strategies
- Coach regional managers, HR teams, and talent management coordinators on talent programs and standards
- Design and execute development programs for talent coordinators to ensure greater specialization, and to provide career opportunities
- Ensure cross-learning to enable the team deliver across the talent lifecycle
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Position is located in Accra but requires travel to and assisting other sites within the region.
- Some international travel may be expected.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Social Science, Psychology or related field
- A Master’s degree, post graduate qualification in Management, HR, or business related area or professional HR qualification is an advantage
- Strong command of English language (spoken and written)
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in human resources with strong focus on talent management, leadership development or HR generalist
- Minimum of 4 years in a supervisory/ area lead role or working with senior leadership teams
- Experience designing, developing and implementing HR related programs, processes, and policies
- Previous experience with multi-site, international multi-functional organization
Skills and Abilities:
- Situational leadership skills
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal relationship and communication skills are required
- Ability to quickly build strong partnerships and influence others
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple tasks concurrently while prioritizing appropriately
- Must be team work oriented and work efficiently within limited time requirements
- Ability to identify and analyze individual and organizational needs
- Strong process facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent cross cultural understanding and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills using office software such as Excel, Word and Power Point
- Ability to identify problems, make decisions, create solutions, and take action
- Ability to train and coach others
The post Newmont Mining Corporation Job Vacancy : Regional Manager – Talent Management appeared first on Jobs in Ghana | http://jobwebghana.com/.