General Accountability /Primary Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the operations infrastructure of Geochem facilities.
- Through continuous improvement, optimise the utilisation of the laboratory capacity to ensure throughput and quality according to client’s requirements and compliance with our integrity programs.
- Planning and developing of operational requirements for the areas of responsibility and to ensure the smooth running of these facilities.
- Ensure that the overall production and quality objectives for the Geochem facility under his control are achieved.
Senior Laboratory Manager
Specific Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Collectively manage and utilise the laboratory resources (human resources, equipment, IT, software & hardware and training) to ensure a sound operational infrastructure in the Geochem facility.
- Through sound applications, ensure the required quality standards in Minerals- Geochem is achieved
- Manage customer complaints and claims through a systematic approach and with clear resolve within the required timelines
- Liaising with the clients regarding queries, concerns, and all relevant technical matters.
- Overall accountable for the provision and planning of resources as well as the technical requirements for all major projects in the division.
- Responsible for the continuous improvement in the laboratory to ensure that client and industry demands are met.
- Accountable with Health & safety procedures and protocols and ensure that these are adopted, implemented in the department and communicated effectively to all laboratory employees.
- Ensure continuous improvement in terms of market requirements through applicable method development and modification of existing services on demand and to continuously looking at broadening the company’s scope of accreditation.
- Responsible for effective cost control to ensure maximum benefit for the customer, without compromising the quality of the services and products.
- Operate to the highest standards of ethics, in accordance with the SGS Statement of Integrity.
- Lead, coach and develop the operating team in the laboratory
- Adhere to all quality and safety requirements of the SGS management system.
- Perform any other reasonable tasks as assigned by direct line manager.
- Responsible for all SANAS matters relating to the accreditation and compliance
- with the SGS quality management system
- Accountable for meeting Business budget revenues and profitability forecasts
- Responsible for building and maintaining a single, cohesive and motivated team, focused on client service & satisfaction with a high level of collaboration between technical groups
- Responsible for long & short term strategic operational development of the Geochem facility
- Contribute ideas and support to Minerals structures within the region
- Responsible for setting annual budget targets for revenue and profit for the Geochem department, in collaboration with Senior Lab Manager.
- Must have local technical product knowledge
- Develop budgets for specific local projects and new services
- Responsible for appropriate service level as per agreement with clients.
- A minimum of a first degree in Chemistry or Laboratory Management
- Knowledge and experience of relevant software applications – spreadsheets, word processing and database management
- Business qualification
- Proven time management skills
· Minimum of 5 years experience in a commercial laboratory environment
– REQUIRED SKILLS
· Able to translate operational strategy into pragmatic action plans and execute
· Able to interact with clients at all levels
· Mastery in operational activities and principles with related technical knowledge
· Is analytical and creative
· Able to apply statistical concepts and mathematical oriented work/thinking
· Able to work autonomously with regular communication to management.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills, at all levels
· Works well under pressure
· Fluent English and local language an asset
· Applies judgment and acts according to the SGS standards of ethics and integrity
· Sound financial acumen
· Management skills
· Client liaison and good communication skill
The post SGS Job Vacancy : Laboratory Manager appeared first on Jobs in Ghana | http://jobwebghana.com/.