- Directly Reports to : CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
- Directly Supervises:LEGAL TEAM
Position Objective and Responsibility:
- To provide legal counsel to internal business, customers and protect company’s interest at all times.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
This includes but not limited to the following;
- Structure, draft, negotiate and advise on contracts for and on behalf of Company in a variety of areas and contexts, from simple consulting or confidential agreements to complex insurance agreement;
- Engage executive level management and assisting the management team in managing and mitigating legal and commercial risks – Accountable Executive for all legal risks;
- Analyse and provide strategic advice and counsel on innovative life insurance products; working with the C.E.O to identify relevant issues and help the company to effectively navigate them;
- Develop strong client relationships with business leaders across the company and providing these clients with the highest level of service through counselling, contract and document review, and negotiation;
- Oversee regulatory responses to customer complaints filed with insurance regulators;
- Prepare monthly Legal Reports to Management;
- Participate in the preparation for Board of Directors meetings, including preparation and/or review of resolutions, minutes, meeting agendas and updates on changes in applicable law or regulation.
Required Skills or Experience
Required Skills and Competencies
- Must have deep understanding of the regulatory landscape within the insurance industry;
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrate ability to work;
- Must have the desire to function as a true generalist; willing to continually learn new subjects, rather than leveraging expertise in just one or few areas;
- Must have a strategic mind-set and be able to effectively discuss with and advise senior management regarding complex legal matters and challenging situations.
Required Knowledge and Expertise
- Must be called to and in good standing of the Ghana Bar Association;
- Post qualification experience should be 10 years;
- Significant relevant post-qualification experience in insurance legal matters in a law firm and/or as an in-house lawyer, preferably in a life Insurance company;
- Litigation experience will be an added advantage.
The post Reliance Personnel Job Vacancy : Executive Head, Legal appeared first on Jobs in Ghana | http://jobwebghana.com/.