Our client, Africa’s leading independent oil and gas Exploration and Production Company with a diverse portfolio of assets across Africa as well as interests in Europe, South Asia and South America is seeking to fill it’s cost engineer position with a competent Ghanaian.
- Prepare and maintain a template to track all Purchase Orders (POs) for Operations, P&E, and Subsea and advise budget holders before POs are overspent in liaison with Contract and Procurement representative
- Play a key role in requisitioning activities to support operations to review accuracy and ensure that commitments are coded to the correct projects and work scopes.
- Monitor and report cost performance against budget and contract terms into the Consolidated Cost Report on a monthly basis.
- Work with the Operations Team/Planning Team to establish cost tracking and progress measurement systems
- Produce accurate Cost Reports to include Forecast Costs, Estimate to Complete, Value of Work Done and Commitments against approved budgets.
- Calculate Estimate to Complete in line with progress achieved and Operations/P&E integrated schedules.
- Provide expenditure phasing and projections in line with schedules and contract compensations terms and conditions.
- Assist in coding of requisitions in line with approved budgets and Cost Breakdown Structure coding plus corporate coding structures.
- Provide Value of Work Done assessment based on established progress system & contractor reports.
- Monitor contract expenditure and forecast contract value against approved contract values.
- Become key user of the OPE$T Activity Based Cost Modelling tool – keeping model updated with the latest approved budget and undertaking and reporting on ‘What-If?’ scenarios.
- Prepare detailed budgets in accordance with the CBS which shall form the basis for detailed level cost reporting and analysis.
- Present weekly cost reports identifying spend profiles and projections.
- Prepare and participate to the presentation of the Asset Monthly cost report and its approval by the Cost Centre Managers/Budget Holders
- Monitor actual spend against budgets, analyse deviations and recommend remedial actions. Prepare agenda items for cost review meetings.
- At least 5 years of Cost Engineering experience preferably in the offshore oil and gas industry.
- Knowledge and application of Cost and Planning Engineering principles.
- Knowledge of design and implementation of projects preferably in the offshore oil and gas industry.
- Good knowledge of planning, cost management and reporting systems together with ability to consolidate project data from a number of sources for overall presentation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must have.
- Confident user of other Microsoft Office applications
The post Zormelo & Associates Job Vacancy : Cost Engineer appeared first on Jobs in Ghana | http://jobwebghana.com/.