Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a United States-based non-profit organization dedicated to discovering, and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA designs, rigorously evaluates, and refines these solutions and their applications together with decision-makers to ensure that the evidence created is used to improve opportunities for the world’s poor.
- Reports to: Senior Data Manager
- Location: Accra
- Deadline to apply: September 4, 2017
- Desired start date: ASAP
- Job Code: DM-FOG-1482017
IPA Ghana seeks a Data Manager to provide programming and data support services to the IPA Ghana Accra office. This is a full-time position.
The role of the Data manager is to provide support for computer assisted surveys in Survey CTO and other programming languages. In addition, the Data Manager will support projects to develop systems to check incoming survey data, using STATA software.
The Data Manager will;
- Program and support the programming of surveys into Computer Assisted Interviewing (CAI) software;
- Provide support to install programmed questionnaires on the relevant devices;
- Train staff to use programmed questionnaires;
- Resolve problems related to programmed questionnaires;
- Provide feedback to project teams on how to improve the questionnaires;
- Help project teams develop systems for monitoring data collection and establishing appropriate back checking, editing and tracking systems;
- Support projects program data quality checks using Stata software;
- Help project teams clean data and prepare it for analysis;
- In collaboration with the Senior Data Manager and the rest of the Research Support team, provide regular trainings to staff, and when needed to partners, to enhance their data management, Stata, data analysis and other technical skills;
- Ensure the integrity and confidentiality of all stored data;
- Manage time effectively across projects;
- When needed, provide backstopping support to the IT assistant;
- Any other task as assigned.
The incumbent will be expected to;
- Demonstrate the ability to respond with a high degree of diligence to the needs and requests of staff (client orientation);
- Understand IT safety policies and actively promote safe practices in the workplace;
- Accurately provide and receive information in oral and written communication;
- Consistently provide ideas, opinions, or information in an articulate, professional way;
- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to adjust to changing conditions or priorities;
- Take the initiative to identify and act on problems and lead by example; and
- Consistently make decisions that resolve programming related problems;
- Be organized, thorough, and have great attention to detail.
Required Skills or Experience
- A first degree or HND in computer science or a related field;
- Advanced understanding of computer software systems, and network installation and administration;
- Experience with multiple programming languages;
- Experience with STATA or other statistical software is a plus;
- Experience programming in Survey CTO and/or ODK is a plus;
- Proven interest in and quick to learn new software and data management programmes;
- Intermediate-Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite with high proficiency in Word and Excel;
- Experience collecting data or working with a survey firm, is a plus;
- Experience with creation and management of databases;
- High level of analytical thinking to solve problems with an understanding of technology as well as an ability to ask the right questions and apply solutions to business problems;
- Effective oral, electronic and written communication with all levels of the organization;
- Ability to document processes, procedures, and results;
- Ability to consistently follow protocol and instructions;
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast paced environment; and
Proposed start date: As soon as possible
The post Innovations for Poverty Action Job Vacancy : Data Manager (DM-FOG-1482017) appeared first on Jobs in Ghana | http://jobwebghana.com/.