Organization: Abt Associates
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Knowledge Management and Communications Specialist to support the potential five-year USAID/West Africa Peace through Learning, Evaluation, and Adapting Activity (PELA) project in Accra, Ghana.
The purpose of PELA is to strengthen USAID/West Africa’s effectiveness at implementing its projects; coordinating its activities; learning from its experiences; and serving as an information, communication, and thought-leader regarding peace promotion and countering violent extremism (CVE) in the West Africa region.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
· Review and maximize the use of existing knowledge management systems;
· Develop and implement a knowledge management vision and approach to facilitate the exchange or lessons learned between the different CVE programs;
· Conduct regular evaluations of internal knowledge management platforms and make adjustments to improve their quality;
· Develop communications strategy and activities to promote lessons learned to external audience;
· Prepare, review, and edit news releases, newsletters, research summaries, reports, and publications and ensure that they comply with USAID branding requirements;
· Develop and implement dissemination plans for study, evaluation, and assessment findings;
· Coordinate the translation of documents in English, French, and/or local languages, as needed;
· Collaborate with the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Specialist to gather data for performance monitoring reports, evaluations, and studies, and assist in writing reports when needed;
· Identify opportunities for and develop internal communications (e.g. webinars, roundtable discussions) as requested by COP that facilitates knowledge exchange and program quality.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
· Bachelor’s degree in knowledge management, communications or related field; Master’s degree is preferred;
· At least 5 years of experience in the international development field;
· At least 2 years of experience in promoting and countering violent extremism (CVE);
· Expertise in the design and use of platforms commonly used for information management (e.g., SharePoint);
· Experience in designing and managing strategic communications campaigns;
· Experience working in West Africa is required; experience working in Burkina Faso, Niger, Chad or Cameroon is highly desirable but not required;
· Past experience working on a USAID project or activity is preferred;
· Fluency in written and oral English and French is required.
How to apply:
To be considered for this opportunity, qualified applicants must submit the following to CIE@abtassoc.com:
· Required: Updated résumé
· Encouraged: Cover Letter that describes the applicant’s qualifications and relevance to the scope of work
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply. Position contingent upon donor funding.