Organization: Abt Associates
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Finance, Administration, and Operations Manager to support the potential five-year USAID/West Africa Peace through Learning, Evaluation, and Adapting Activity (PELA) project in Accra, Ghana.
The purpose of PELA is to strengthen USAID/West Africa’s effectiveness at implementing its projects; coordinating its activities; learning from its experiences; and serving as an information, communication, and thought-leader regarding peace promotion and countering violent extremism (CVE) in the West Africa region
Key Roles and Responsibilities
· Guide and manage operations for the office, including logistics, travel, security and drivers;
· Oversee procurement, project budget, accounting, and finance activities, including management of financial transactions and expenditures;
· Write and submit monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports, and maintain records;
· Ensure funds expended are compliant with USG contractual regulations and policies;
· Implement fraud mitigation practices and ensure systems and processes are implemented effectively to support implementation;
· Develop and implement financial, administration, and operational systems according to in-country performance.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field; Master’s degree preferred;
· Eight years of experience managing multi-million dollar USG/USAID contracts, including experience overseeing finance, procurement, operations, administration, logistics, and human resource tasks.
· Expertise with USAID financial reporting and compliance requirements.
· In-depth knowledge of financial software applications, including Quickbooks and others.
· Past experience working on a USAID project or activity is preferred.
· Fluency in spoken and written English.
How to apply:
To be considered for this opportunity, qualified applicants must submit the following to CIE@abtassoc.com:
· Required: Updated résumé
· Encouraged: Cover Letter that describes the applicant’s qualifications and relevance to the scope of work
This is a local position. Only candidates with Ghanaian citizenship will be considered. Position contingent upon donor funding.