DFID remains one of the largest bilateral donors in Ghana but we are in transition towards a smaller spending programme that focuses more on providing high-level advice in support of Ghana’s position as a Lower Middle Income Country. The UK Government will provide more than £125m of aid to Ghana each year for the next four years – through the bilateral programme managed directly by DFID Ghana, through programmes run from DFID in UK and through other UK Government Departments’ programmes.
The office in Accra currently has around twenty programmes covering education, health, social protection, gender, economic development, governance and accountability. We work with a range of different partners to deliver these programmes – including Government, non-government organisations, and private sector suppliers. We also work very closely with other development partners, including the World Bank, United Nations, International Monetary Fund, European Union and with other bilaterals. We work increasingly closely with other parts of the UK Government represented in Accra.
- Application deadline: 9 August 2017
- Grade: A1 (L)
- Type of Position: Fixed Term
- Duration of Post: 36 months
- Starting monthly salary: GHS 1,861
- Start Date: 1 September 2017
Main purpose of job:
To provide effective support services for the Estate & Facilities Management team, with responsibility for various support functions as well as for the cleaning services across the Mission. Services will meet agreed standards; customer satisfaction levels will be high; agreed policies and processes will be complied with.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Preparation of accommodation for new arrivals, ensuring good standards of service and achieving customer satisfaction against agreed service standards.
- Maintaining a database for the domestic equipment float, ensuring accuracy at all times, ensuring that the float is well-supplied, and delivering customer needs during transitions.
- Maintenance of BHC amenities, in liaison with the Estates & Facilities Manager and relevant committees etc, ensuring good levels of customer satisfaction across the Mission.
- Pyramid data entry; GPC holder; Requisition/receipt goods; general support functions to wider Estates Team as necessary.
- Liaison with service providers (Water, Electricity, Waste, etc.) to ensure the best possible supply arrangements under value for money.
- Advise staff on fees policy (Support by directing to information available) and initiating/up-dating DSs, PoC for any queries
- Meeting customer requirements under SLAs, achieving Value for Money and efficiencies.
- Update Master Estates Spreadsheet
- Procurement of cleaning materials for the office and conducting spot checks.
Other benefits and conditions of employment
- The High Commission is committed to providing a strong learning and development environment.
- A comprehensive online training package is available, both job-specific and of a more general nature, as is on-the-job training and coaching.
- The High Commission benefits from the support of a Regional Learning & Development Training Centre.
- Staff can undertake a range of training opportunities via this Centre too.
Required Skills or Experience
Essential qualifications and experience
- Educated to degree level.
- Experience in negotiations.
- Good Communication and Interpersonal Skills.
- Strong Customer Focus with good Attention to detail.
- Display strong organizational, analytical and time management skills.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office Applications.
Desirable qualifications and experience
Proficient in written and spoken english language.
Achieving Commercial Outcomes, Delivering Value for Money, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
The post Department for International Development Job Vacancy : Estates And Facilities Officer A1 (12/17 ACC) appeared first on Jobs in Ghana | http://jobwebghana.com/.