The Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA) is an umbrella organization bringing together and forming coalitions of major stakeholders in agricultural research and development in Africa. FARA complements the innovative activities of national, international and sub-regional research institutions to deliver more responsive and effective services to its stakeholders. It plays advocacy and coordination roles for agricultural research for development, while the national agricultural research systems (NARS), advanced research institutions (ARIs) and international agricultural research centres (IARCs) develop and promote the adoption of improved technologies and policies along the research-to-development continuum in their respective countries and jurisdictions. Since it was established in 2002.
The FARA Secretariat is committed to accounting for any and all funds made available for its work. To meet this commitment, the Secretariat requires a sound Internal Auditing system which will provide evidence-based reports and assessments of the Secretariat’s effectiveness to expend the funds available to it and meet its goals and objectives.
The FARA Secretariat therefore requires a strong continuous internal auditing and is therefore seeking to fill a vacancy for an internal auditor who reports directly to the Executive Director in his capacity as Secretary to the Board of Directors and will perform among others the following duties:
- Review transactions, documents, records and reports to ensure compliance with relevant policies and procedures.
- Perform audit of transactions to ensure value-for-money
- Develop and maintain an Internal Audit Standard operating procedure
- Undertake quarterly risk assessments and provide report with recommendations to the Board
- Provide independent appraisal of FARA’s policies and procedures to ensure adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Review financial transactions undertaken quarterly and provide a report on financial performance and potential challenges (both paper and system generated)
- Provide regular advice on laid down financial processes and decisions.
- Apply all audit rules to protect FARA from misalignment, misuse and misapplication of financial and other resources
- Review transactions (on meetings, workshops, conferences, travels etc) quarterly, and provide value for money report to be submitted to the Board
- Audit transfers emanating from contracts and subgrants signed and the deliverables from these contracts.
- Follow up on the status of implementation of audit recommendations and advise management accordingly
- Guide the secretariat on potential audit challenges
- Conduct any special reviews or tasks requested by the Executive Director, provided such reviews and tasks do not compromise the independence or objectivity of the internal audit function.
FARA offers competitive terms of employment. FARA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women.
Required Skills or Experience
- Full Professional Accounting Qualifications to final level e.g. CPA, ACCA or equivalent; Over 5 years of experience in auditing or related accounting practice preferably within an international organization engaged in research or development.
- The candidate must demonstrate experience and competency with the implementation of sound internal controls systems, multi-currency financial reporting and multiple donor grants.
- Good working experience in latest versions of Sun Systems is essential. Familiarity with the World Bank and EU-support grants and funding mechanisms (e.g. MDTF), international development and current issues in international aid and finance mechanisms is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of fund accounting, including reporting requirements of major donors and development partners is essential.
The post FARA Job Vacancy : Internal Auditor Ref: FARA/adv./IA/02/2017 appeared first on Jobs in Ghana | http://jobwebghana.com/.