Golden Star Resources (GSR) is a growing mining Company with two operating mines in Ghana, Golden Star (Bogoso/Prestea) limited and Golden Star (Wassa) limited and other projects at various stages of development.
Are you a qualified Grade 2-4 teacher? Have you or do you teach the IGCSE, IB or other internationally recognised curriculum to junior primary pupils? Do you have demonstrated experience in primary education of children from diverse cultures and backgrounds? Are you interested in working in a private, well-resourced school with small class sizes?
- Educate a small class of primary age students in the defined international curriculum;
- Collaborate with parents and internationally based expatriate Teachers;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive learning environment;
- Plan, prepare and present lessons in accordance with the curriculum requirements;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation and prompt feedback and marking;
- Maintain discipline at all times;
- Provide feedback to parents and.international teachers on pupils’ progress;
- Coordinate activities and resources associated with the curriculum delivery;
- Stay up to date with future curriculum sets to ensure timely delivery;
- Take part in co-curricular activities which may take place at weekends or in the evenings;
- Liaise with colleagues, parents and international teachers as required by the curriculum;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Contract Duration: Two-year renewable
- A highly competitive salary and excellent conditions are available for the successful candidate with required competency and qualifications.
Required Skills or Experience
- Degree in Education with 5-10 years primary classroom teaching experience;
- A minimum of two years demonstrated teaching of international curriculum such as IGCSE, IB or equivalent
- Knowledge or exposure to distance learning education principles;
- Sound cultural diversity skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Must possess strong people management skills;
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must be Computer literate in MS office software such as Word and Excel, E-mail, etc.
The post Golden Star Resources Job Vacancy : Primary Teacher, International Curriculum appeared first on Jobs in Ghana | http://jobwebghana.com/.