Responsible for all matters concerning litigation for Vodafone Ghana. Services to Vodafone Ghana will include acting in an advisory capacity, drafting pleadings and opinions, attending court to represent the Company, building capacity within Vodafone’s Legal Team and such other duties to be determined from time to time.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Has a day to day responsibility for accurate, effective and timely legal advice, analysis and support for Vodafone Ghana on litigation matters and dispute resolution.
- Identifies areas of risk for Vodafone in relation to litigation issues and dispute resolution and assists in providing solutions to manage such risks.
- Drafts and negotiates all relevant legal documents relating to litigation matters and disputes on behalf of the Business.
- Influences and assists in discussions between clients, internal and external stakeholders to ensure the best legal solution to meet litigation and dispute resolution objectives and to encourage best practice.
- Lead and advise in Vodafone Ghana’s debt collection agenda. Working closely with the relevant teams to prepare and advise on the best channels to ensure effective debt collection across the business.
- Preparation of monthly litigation reports to Senior Management and the Group Legal Team and update on main litigation issues to inform business decisions and effective budgeting
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for the Litigation Team and ensure robust and fit-for-purpose people management is maintained.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience at the Ghana Bar with extensive experience in litigation.
- Excellent advocacy skills.
- A comprehensive and practical knowledge of the Ghanaian Legal and Court system.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written.
- Commercial solutions orientation to legal problems.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and strategic abilities.
- Results orientated with a process improvement and commercial focus.
- Strong leadership skills including managing teams to deliver on agreed KPIs
Must have Technical / Professional Qualifications
- Should be a member of the Ghana Bar Association and like international associations for a minimum of 10 years.
- Experience of working in a multinational organization would be an advantage.
- Experience of working in a technology company would be an advantage.
Key Performance Indicators
- Provide legal advice to the business on key legal issues and prepare needed documentations to support Vodafone Ghana in all legal disputes.
- Represent the business in Court, draft pleadings and opinions as and when needed.
- Build capacity within the litigation team for business advantage
The post Vodafone Job Vacancy : Litigation Manager appeared first on Jobs in Ghana | http://jobwebghana.com/.