The Project Director (PD) leads the AECOM project team and is accountable for the delivery of the project.The PD hires, develops and manages a team of project personnel.The PD has overall responsibility and accountability for managing the AECOM consultancy agreement with the Client, including finances and risk management.The PD has overall responsibility and accountability for delivering the project services to the Client in support of the delivery of the project.The PD is named in FIDIC Red Book and Yellow Book contracts as The Engineer.The PD reports to the Market Sector Director, Ports & Marine, Africa.Duties And ResponsibilitiesThe PD is responsible for
- Management, reporting and control of the overall project.
- Provision of in-country project support facilities and logistics in Ghana to support the project team, including transportation, office accommodations, equipment, IT/communications, visas and support services sub-contracts.
- The PD will mobilise to Ghana with the first wave of staff and oversee the growth of the project team in accordance with evolving project needs and in accordance with an updated staffing/manpower plan.
- Health, safety and security of all AECOM propject employees..
- Project compliance with AECOM’s governance requirements (DOAs) including project-specific blanket DOAs.
- Project compliance with AECOM’s Integrated Management System (Quality, Safety, Health and Environment).
- Project compliance with all applicable laws and regulations of South Africa and Ghana.
- Internal (within AECOM) project reporting, including status updates,financial forecasting, risk reporting and schedule reporting.
- High-level liaison with the Employer’s representatives, and for Client-AECOM contractual matters including invoicing, payments, delays, liability and delivery of the scope of services to the Client.
- High-level liaison with AECOM’s primary sub-contractors/sub-consultants, and for all AECOM-Sub-contractor/consultant contractual matters.
- Identifying, reviewing and approving the hiring of key project personnel, and for managing the performance of his direct reports.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in port & marine project development including major projects/programmes.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a top leadership position overseeing staff on major projects or programmes.
- Minimum 5 years of experience on marine works construction sites.
Specific skills required
- Time schedule development and management for large infrastructure programmes.
- Cost budget development and management for large infrastructure programmes.
- implementation of ISO 9001 systems.
- implementation of health/safety/security protocols on construction sites.
- communication with staff, contractors, clients, stakeholders and AECOM Sr Management.
- review of contractual deliverables [including technical reports] for accuracy and clarity.
- review of internal AECOM financial and progress reports for accuracy and clarity.
- risk analysis of the AECOM enterprise.
- risk analysis of the client’s programme.
- Team leader / decision maker – ability to identify skill gaps in team members and implement appropriate development.
- Focused on client delivery – attention to detail and quality with a capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Empathy towards staff and colleagues – collaborative management style.
- Eligibility to work in Ghana (due to nationality or work permit) is an advantage.
- Experience in AECOM’s APIC system and MAP training are advantages.
- Experience on project sites in West Africa is an advantage.
- Minimum BTech in a related field, i.e. Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Business, Finance, Accounting.
- Member of professional organisation.
- Professional engineering licensure.
What We OfferAECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It’s what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The post AECOM Job Vacancy : Project Director appeared first on Jobs in Ghana | http://jobwebghana.com/.