At MAXAM we work to offer our clients throughout the world a wide range of products and full technical support to respond to their most specific needs.Since our founding in 1872 by Alfred Nobel, MAXAM has grown by leaps and bounds. We are now a global leading company in civil explosives, defense, nitro chemical and hunting cartridges, with 6.500 employees worldwide, in 45 countries. A lot has changed since Alfred Nobel started the business but some things haven´t changed: our dedication to our people to achieve excellence in what we do.Job DescriptionThe Manufacturing Manager will provide the direction, oversight and leadership to fully maximize Maxam’s manufacturing operations in West Africa by promoting Safety, Quality, Service, Cost, and People Development. The Manufacturing Manager will plan, organize, direct, and control the activities of manufacturing by using all necessary resources provided to deliver budgeted results.
- Coordinate and assure Manufacturing Performance in the 5 key areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and People Involvement – SQDCI. Support the SGM, RD and M&IS in the tracking of the Manufacturing performance through the industrial indicators of the Balance Score Card, P&L and Productivity Plans;
- Support Plant Managers and Site Managers in the fulfillment of site Compliance including legal, security, safety and environmental aspects;
- Support Corporate function of M&IS in the improvement of the Industrial Footprint within his scope of responsibility;
- Launch new factories within his scope or responsibility and Lead standardization process of Chemical manufacturing lines across the region;
- Assure enough technical knowledge in the Region, at least for key Production Processes and lead Best Practice sharing within the Region and support in the role the Manufacturing Manager of the BU;
- Lead Industrial Transformational Initiatives within his scope of responsibility assigned (as Manufacturing Projects turnaround, Productivity Programs, etc.);
- Coordinate and assure Industrial Excellence System deployment, tracking local Annual Progress Plans by workplace and support Corporate function of M&IS to perform IES Assessments. Assure adequate IES training programs;
- Support Plant Managers and Plant leader in their Development Plans;
- Directs Production team leadership to implements activities to ensure timely, high quality production at the lowest cost consistent with the quality requirements
- Provides focus to regional production team leadership to execute to quality, schedule and cost expectations.
- Master degree in Engineering, mining, industrial or chemical degree is desirable;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience leading various operational disciplines in a manufacturing environment (preferably in a chemical or industrial setting) with demonstrated results for Profit/Loss Responsibility and measurable evidence of continuous improvement;
- Industrial experience in cost rationalization, competitiveness programs and productivity;
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing with demonstrated use of the tools / principles with quantifiable results;
- Very good command of MS Office;
- Outstanding language skills: minimum fluent in spoken and written English & French.
- Orientation to change;
- Cultural adaptation;
- Internal and external client orientation;
Maxam core competencies
- Understanding our business from a global perspective (Global Leadership);
- Become leaders in the market (Market Leadership);
- Contributing to our environment through innovation (Shaping the Environment);
- Excellent people leadership, in the way every leader should impact others, by influencing in a positive manner and leading successfully teams (Leading Self and others).
What We Offer
As well as offering an attractive compensation package we put the emphasis on your personal and professional development in an inspiring international environment.
- Primary work location is in Accra;
- Able to travel more than 50% of the time.
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
The post Maxam Job Vacancy : Manufacturing Manager appeared first on Jobs in Ghana | http://jobwebghana.com/.