The Operations Manager shall serve as the Office Manager and shall perform such duties as are customarily performed by one holding such a position, including but not limited to the duties stated below:
- The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring that he / she as well as other Employees of the employer comply with all directives, policies, procedures, guidelines, applicable laws, rules and regulations of AfrEA as expressed within the labour laws of Ghana.
- Perform and coordinate administrative duties including the timely management of faxing, scanning and telephone conferencing.
- Provide administrative and secretariat support, type and distribute correspondence, communications, including minutes of AfrEA meetings.
- Maintain a neat and orderly appearance of the office, organize, manage paper, electronic files, magazines, newspaper subscription, receipts for both internal and external reports.
- Prepare requisitions for office supplies, take and keep annual physical inventories of fixed assets and suppliers of AfrEA.
- Plan and prepare for meetings, appointments including sending out letters of invitation, following up on meeting attendees and managing meeting logistics.
- Coordinating meetings, teleconferences, prepare agenda, sit in meetings and draft minutes, compile, organize relevant material, arrange for and troubleshoot audio/video connections and facilitate post-meeting follow-ups.
- Do data entry, including but not limited to members’ database and website.
- Arrange transport, make travel arrangement for staff and guest of AfrEA, including accommodation, catering as well coordinate logistics for local and international conferences, workshops, meetings and other social events including equipment requirement.
- Arrange and coordinate communications tools such as video-conferencing, skype meetings, etc.
- In close collaboration with AfrEA Treasurer, Executive Director and Executive Board, ensure that effective and efficient fiduciary controls are in place to monitor the use of AfrEA resources.
- Organize and coordinate pickup and delivery of items of the office as require, log and distribute them in a timeously.
- Prepare mailing and courier services, compile and produce quarterly , period and final reports to members, donors, partners and other as and when required ;
- Serve as a Grant Manager for projects funded by partners and ensure that the reporting is done in time.
- Perform periodic reporting (monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual) for AfrEA Secretariat activities.
- Ensure the translation into French of the Secretariat’s reports and other various reports before distributing them.
- Finalize AfrEA’s website construction and ensure its translation into two languages ( English and French).
- Manage information and communication on the website and membership
- Act as focal person with membership and ensure members register and renew membership annually.
Required Skills or Experience
- Master’s degree and seven years of progressive professional experience in project operations.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working on donor-funded projects in a related role and with some demonstrated supervisory experience;
- Experience with service provider contracts;
- Clear understanding of appropriate policies and procedures with regards to financial management, procurement processes, operation systems, and HR management;
- Complete fluency in written and oral English and French is an essential qualification.
The post AfrEA Job Vacancy : Operations Manager appeared first on Jobs in Ghana | http://jobwebghana.com/.