A Three Star hotel located in Accra is looking for an Executive Chef with experience and proven track record in the hotel industry. The executive chef is responsible for managing the kitchen operations and ensuring guest satisfaction and service quality standards are met.
- Working closely with the management team, you will be responsible for all food preparation and as a head chef, you would use your knowledge and experience of professional cooking to lead a team of staff and efficiently run a kitchen.
- In this job you will need good leadership skills. You will need to work quickly and calmly when under pressure. You will also need to control a budget. If you are interested in food and you can lead a team in an organized way, this job could be perfect for you.
- You should have flair for customer service and knowledge of International and Continental cuisine with strong communication, management and supervisory skills. The duties involve ensuring total customer satisfaction, management of a team of employees and monitoring of health and safety and food hygiene standards.
- Generally to carry out directives and decisions of the senior management of the hotel and policies .
- Achieve monthly budgeted revenues targets, market share, market mix and rate mix.
- As head chef you would be involved in staffing of the kitchen, developing menu offerings, forecasting supply needs and estimating costs.
- They are expected to make sure the restaurant meets all regulations, including sanitary and safety guidelines.
- As a head chef your duties would also include, planning menus, making sure food is of the right quality and price and is produced on time, managing stocks of food, ordering food from suppliers, controlling a budget and keeping accurate records, managing health and hygiene procedures, organizing the staff duty rota, recruiting, training and developing staff.
- You would take part in the creation of recipes and the preparation of advanced items, while assigning less complicated tasks to sous chefs and cooks.
- Your primary duty is the continued efficiency of the kitchen and production of consistent, quality food.
- Your duties would also extend to front-of-house and operational issues, including accounting and scheduling.
- As Head chef, you may also be called to weigh in on patron complaints.
- Develop & maintain service standards and sequence at all times.
- Inspect food preparation and work areas for cleanliness.
- Maintain and update all food and beverage menus as by liaising with Restaurant Manager.
- Responsible for training new wait staff, assigning opening cook duties and checking to make sure opening duties are complete.
- You will be expected to make sure cooks are performing their duties to the best of their ability and assisting them in making up any short comings such as ensuring industry best industry are adhered to regarding food preparation
Required Skills or Experience
- The successful candidate must have 3 – 5 years working experience as a chef , preferably, in similar hospitality fields (preferably 3 – 5 star hotels).
- HND in Hotel Management or equivalent qualification in related field is required.
- Living at Dodowa or its environs is an advantage
The post Reputable Company Job Vacancy : Executive Chef appeared first on Jobs in Ghana | http://jobwebghana.com/.