Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 02 Jun 2017
Communication Specialist, USAID/Ghana Peace through Learning,
Evaluation, and Adapting Activity (PELA), Ghana
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Proposal Summary: **
MSI is preparing to bid on the USAID/West Africa’s Peace through Learning, Evaluation, and Adapting Activity. The project will strengthen USAID/West Africa’s effectiveness implementing its projects; coordinating its activities; learning from its experiences; and serving as an information, communication, and thought-leader regarding peace promotion and countering violent extremism (CVE) in the West Africa region.
**This position is contingent upon continued donor funding
MSI is seeking a long-term Communication Specialist to manage communications activities under the project, including the dissemination of evaluation and research findings, best practices, and other lessons learned from CVE activities in the region. S/he will work closely with the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning specialist to support the project’s mission to serve as an information, communication, and thought-leader in West African peace promotion and CVE activities. This position will be based in Accra.
- Prepare, review, and edit news releases, newsletters, research summaries, reports, and publications and ensure that they comply with USAID branding requirements.
- Develop and implement dissemination plans for study, evaluation and assessment findings.
- Coordinate the translation of documents in English, French or local languages.
- Collaborate with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist to gather data for performance monitoring reports, evaluations, and studies, and assist in writing reports when needed.
- Perform other related activities as requested by the COP.
- Significant experience in communications, journalism, media relations or a related field, particularly in West Africa.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to develop communications plans and outreach strategies with a diverse array of stakeholders, including USAID, national and local governments, civil society groups, and public institutions, including universities and research institutes.
- Experience writing press releases and success stories and use of social media preferred.
- Familiarity with CVE and peace promotion strongly preferred.
- Expert skills in Microsoft Word for report and document preparation. Skills in publication software preferred.
- Proven skills in PowerPoint and other presentation software.
- Fluency in English and French.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply: