The United States Pharmacopeia-Ghana (USP-Ghana) which is home to The Center for Pharmaceutical Advancement and Training (CePAT) involved in quality control testing of pharmaceuticals, provision of training and consulting services for Medicines Regulators and pharmaceutical Manufacturers in Sub-Saharan Africa intends to employ dynamic and results oriented individuals for the position of Senior Finance Officer, full-time positions in Accra, Ghana
Summary of the Position
- Working under the direction and guidance of the USP Ghana Operations Manager, the Senior Finance Officer will be responsible for overseeing the overall financial management of USP Ghana to include budget development, expenditure monitoring, and managing of all accounts payable functions to include processing payroll, processing invoices, and analyzing accounts and tax returns according to local statutory requirements.
- S/he will be also responsible for auditing financial information, compiling and submitting reports. In addition, the Senior Finance Officer will lead the development of budgets for new business opportunities in close collaboration with the Global Public Health HQ staff.
- As a key member of the USP Ghana Operations team, the Senior Finance Officer will ensure compliance with USP, donor and Government of Ghana regulations by leading the adoption and implementation of USP financial management policies and procedures.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Develops annual operating budgets in close collaboration with USP Ghana management and monitor expenditures to include preparation of monthly financial and projection/pipeline reports.
- Reviews monthly internal cost center activity and project financial reports to ensure expenses have been captured accurately in the cost center/project code as applicable.
- Manages the month-end close process, including preparation of account reconciliations, journal entries, and variance analyses.
- Ensures transactions are properly recorded and reported using appropriate accounting software system and maintain all computerized accounting systems and records.
- Reviews all local procurement requests (goods and services) for compliance with USP and donor polices, as applicable, and initiates the Purchase Orders to vendors/suppliers.
- Prepares invoices to clients and monitors payment; Reviews incoming invoices and processes for payments including, preparation of purchase/fund request and/or payment request, calculate appropriate taxes and inputting transactions into accounting and banking System, prepare check, as necessary.
- Reviews payment/advance requests and expense reports for accuracy, relevant supporting document/s, and compliance with USP and donor policies, as applicable, and processes in a timely manner.
- Manage payroll records and employee payments, update new hires and terminations in payroll system.
- Manage all local statutory requirements to include processing returns and all other local tax obligations (including PAYE, pension deduction and all other local statutory taxes) to the appropriate government agencies and responding to any questions/issues that arise.
- Lead development of proposal budget in close collaboration with GPH HQ staff in Partnership, Growth, and Learning and GPH Operations in support of new business development.
- Prepare information for external audits, coordinate audit response and implement recommendations.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or ACCA/CA Part 2
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive professional accounting experience and /or financial management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of applicable local and national Ghanaian, rules and regulations, and policies governing financial and administrative processes.
- Experience filing statutory Ghanaian taxes and managing office financial environment.
- Demonstrated experience with MS Excel, word, PowerPoint, and accounting software, experience with QuickBooks preferred but not required.
- Meticulous attention to detail, as well as outstanding critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team, show initiative, solve problems, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to influence without direct authority.
- Ability and desire to work well with diverse employees and customers in a cooperative and friendly manner.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and meeting deadlines; results-oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Proven capability to productively support internal and external staff and be a team player.
The post USP-Ghana Job Vacancy : Senior Finance Officer appeared first on Jobs in Ghana | http://jobwebghana.com/.