A reputable organisation invites applications from qualified and dynamic persons to fill the following vacancy: Senior Legal Officer
To provide technical direction for the effective management of all legal matters of the Authority.
The Senior Legal Officer will report to the Director, Legal
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prepares and reviews legal and other operations documents as directed.
2. Provides inputs for the formulation and drafting of public procurement legislation and amendments.
3. Conducts litigation for and on behalf of the Authority as directed.
4. Coordinates the vetting of standard form documentation for legal compliance as directed.
5. Represents the Authority in Court , before any tribunal or investigative body as directed
6. Collates information on investigations carried out by the Authority into breaches of the Public Procurement Act.
7. Ensures the effective and efficient management of the administrative review process as directed.
8. Responds to issues on prosecution of breaches of the procurement laws as directed
9. Facilitates implementation of the performance management system of the Directorate.
10. Collects and collates information for the preparation of the budget, annual report and other periodic reports of the Directorate.
11. Reviews relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and provides inputs to aid decision making.
12. Appraises subordinate staff in the Directorate
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum of Masters Degree in Law, preferably, Procurement Law, Administrative Law, Public Law from an accredited tertiary institution.
- Must have been called to the Ghana Bar (Barrister-at-Law).
- A minimum of four (4) years post-call relevant work experience in a reputable organization.
- Must pass a competitive selection interview conducted by the Public Procurement Authority in collaboration with the Public Services Commission.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Good leadership, networking, monitoring and management skills.
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Good research skills.
- Capacity to inspire and motivate.
- Team player.
- Good knowledge and experience in public procurement processes, practices and regulations.
- Knowledge in financial regulations.
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications.
The post Public Procurement Authority Job Vacancy : Senior Legal Officer appeared first on Jobs in Ghana | http://jobwebghana.com/.