Chemonics International Inc. is implementing a 5-year USAID/Ghana Feed the Future Agriculture Policy Support (Ghana FtF-APS) Project. The Ghana FtF-APS project aims to increase the capacity of the government of Ghana, the private sector, and civil society organisations in evidence-based policy formation, implementation, research and advocacy and in rigorous monitoring and evaluation of agricultural programmes under the Medium-Term Agriculture Sector Investment Plan. FtF-APS works closely with the Ministry of Food and Agriculture (MoFA), the private sector and other non-state actors (NSAs).
The project’s key results areas include the enhancing of capacity for high quality research to provide evidence for evidence based policy formulation, decision-making, and advocacy. In furtherance of this objective APSP has awarded small grants to 9 institutions for carrying out research in various topics. Findings of research and policy studies will be disseminated among partners, stakeholders to influence the policy cycle
Chemonics International Inc. seeks qualified candidates for the recently awarded five-year, USAID-funded Ghana Feed the Future Agriculture Policy Support (Ghana FtF-APS) Project. The Ghana FtF-APS project aims to increase the capacity of the Government of Ghana, the private sector, and civil society organisations in evidence-based policy formation, implementation, research and advocacy and in rigorous monitoring and evaluation of agricultural programmes under the Medium-Term Agriculture Sector Investment Plan. The position will support the effective and efficient long-term management and implementation of the Ghana FtF-APS project.
The assistant accountant will assist the Finance Manager in all phases of financial and accounting functions. The assistant will report to the Finance Manager and perform the following functions:
- Handle the payment processing of suppliers’ invoices and employees’ claims in line with the existing policies and procedures of the project. Check the accuracy, validity and complete documentation of payables;
- Ensure the timely request of cheques for suppliers’ invoices and approved travel advances of employees;
- Ensure that prior approval of designated approving officers of the project is obtained for all disbursements;
- Oversee the designated cheque releasing staff to ensure proper invoicing by suppliers of project payments.
- Ensure the maintenance of updated Ghana Cedi and Dollar Registers to provide ready reference of the project’s Cash Position at any time;
- Coordinate with the Petty Cash Fund Custodians in the handling of the funds to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with fuel coupon custodian to ensure proper procedures are in place and complied with.
- Support the review and processing of travel advance requests and expense reports.
- Under the direction of the Finance Manager, ensure the timely recording of monthly transactions into ABACUS and generation of the Detail General Ledger;
- Ensure a systematic filing and accounting of ABACUS Detail GL backups, e.g. Paid Check Requests, unused and paid Checks, Receipt/Credit Memos, for purposes of examination and audit that may be done anytime on the project;
- Prepare Bank Reconciliation every 5th day of the month;
- Maintain updated trackers for employees’ advances, plane tickets, VAT and others as needed.
- Support the preparation of Wire Transfer Requests
- Support the monthly submission of monthly financial reports to the Head Office.
- Other duties that may be determined by the Finance Manager or the Chief of Party
Required Skills or Experience
- Post-secondary education to include degree in business, accounting or equivalent;
- Ongoing or completed professional accounting qualification with a recognized professional body (ACCA, CA, CPA, CIMA)
- One to three years of experience in accounting and administrative support;
- Computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and preparation of graphs, tables, charts with Microsoft Works, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and QuickBooks;
- Experience in communication via e-mail.
The post Chemonics International Inc Job Vacancy : Assistant Accountant appeared first on Jobs in Ghana | http://jobwebghana.com/.