Evaluation, and Adapting Activity (PELA), Ghana
Proposal Summary: MSI is preparing to bid on the USAID/West Africa’s Peace through Learning, Evaluation, and Adapting Activity. The project will strengthen USAID/West Africa’s effectiveness implementing its projects; coordinating its activities; learning from its experiences; and serving as an information, communication, and thought-leader regarding peace promotion and countering violent extremism (CVE) in the West Africa region.
**This position is contingent upon continued donor funding**
Position Summary: MSI is seeking a long-term Communication Specialist to manage communications activities under the project, including the dissemination of evaluation and research findings, best practices, and other lessons learned from CVE activities in the region. S/he will work closely with the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning specialist to support the project’s mission to serve as an information, communication, and thought-leader in West African peace promotion and CVE activities. This position will be based in Accra.
- Prepare, review, and edit news releases, newsletters, research summaries, reports, and publications and ensure that they comply with USAID branding requirements.
- Develop and implement dissemination plans for study, evaluation and assessment findings.
- Coordinate the translation of documents in English, French or local languages.
- Collaborate with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist to gather data for performance monitoring reports, evaluations, and studies, and assist in writing reports when needed.
- Perform other related activities as requested by the COP.
- Significant experience in communications, journalism, media relations or a related field, particularly in West Africa.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to develop communications plans and outreach strategies with a diverse array of stakeholders, including USAID, national and local governments, civil society groups, and public institutions, including universities and research institutes.
- Experience writing press releases and success stories and use of social media preferred.
- Familiarity with CVE and peace promotion strongly preferred.
- Expert skills in Microsoft Word for report and document preparation. Skills in publication software preferred.
- Proven skills in PowerPoint and other presentation software.
- Fluency in English and French.
The post MSI Job Vacancy : Communication Specialist, USAID/Ghana appeared first on Jobs in Ghana | http://jobwebghana.com/.