Christian Children’s Fund of Canada (CCFC) creates a future of hope for children, families, and communities by helping them to develop the skills and resources to overcome poverty, and pursue justice. Headquartered in Markham (Greater Toronto Area), Canada, CCFC currently supports thousands of children and their families, in Africa, Asia, and Latin America, empowering them to find solutions to their underlying causes of poverty and develop their communities in a sustainable manner.
Career opportunities that make a world of difference!
When you make a decision to work with Christian Children’s Fund of Canada (CCFC) you’re not just doing something great for your career, you are also saying you care about positively impacting the lives of children, their families and communities around the world. We know there are lots of career options for talented, top performers like you, but not many offer the opportunity to make a lasting difference.
Christian Children’s Fund of Canada (CCFC) is currently recruiting for the following position in our Country Office located in Tamala, Ghana: Finance Assistant
- Responsible for assisting Country Office Finance Manager with accounting processes such as accounts payable, travel and purchase requests, general ledger, audits, monthly closings; and entering, updating and running reports using prescribed accounting software, etc., to achieve required results.
- On occasion will assist Country Office Finance Manager on country office project accounting and other duties assigned.
Key Functions & Results
Payments and Procurement Support
- Processing payments and documents such as invoices, bills, journal vouchers, purchase orders, accounts payable, etc.
- Verify items billed against items ordered and received and reconcile differences through follow-up with the vendor and/or other employees.
- Handling petty cash, maintaining a cheque register and ensuring that vendors and service providers acknowledge receipts for all payments made.
Budget and Cash Flow Administration
- Reviewing employee travel and other advance requests, purchase requests and advise on budget availability and timing, assign budget codes to requests for recommendation by the CO Finance Manager.
- Processing and follow up on employee advances, review retirements and prepare reconciliation of employee accounts receivables on monthly basis.
- Receive cash refunds by staff and deposit into CO bank Accounts.
- Entering, updating, and/or retrieving accounting data and transactions from the OuickBooks Accounting software ensuring accurate posting of all financial transactions.
- Receiving all incoming funds (from staff & externa! sources) and ensure they are deposited in the CO bank accounts.
- Provide information, analysis, evaluation and advice to Finance Manager, Project Manager/s and Country Director
- Provide any necessary training, technical back up and supportive supervision to other staff in order to ensure that a sufficient skill level exists for the effective financial control and management on project teams
- Support partners to develop, implement and supervise program partners’ accounting systems and procedures.
- In liaison with the Finance Manager, facilitate internal and external audits of the projects and programs.
- Prepare bank reconciliation and country office month end reports.
- Comply with all CCFC accounting policy and employment policies and procedures.
- Other related duties as assigned by C.O Finance Manager
Required Skills or Experience
- Degree in Accounting and Finance, or equivalent accounting qualification;
- 2 years’ progressive work experience in accounting and financial management including financial analysis, reporting and budgeting;
- At least 2 years’ experience in working with financial software, QuickBooks software and reporting systems, spreadsheet and word-processing applications;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English with ability to clearly and concisely communicate ideas to a variety of audiences;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize own work under pressure and within guidelines;
- Ability to manage arduous physical and emotional strains of the job;
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills;
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new system procedures as they are introduced;
- Commitment to CCFC’s Vision, Mission and Values
The post Christian Children’s Fund of Canada Job Vacancy : Finance Assistant appeared first on Jobs in Ghana | http://jobwebghana.com/.