ORKILA, a multinational group present in the Middle East and Africa, is seeking an Accountant to join its team in Accra, Ghana.
- Managing the company’s petty cash,
- Liaising with bankers regarding financial transactions,
- Processing entries of various items, including but not limited to: sale & purchase invoices, journal vouchers, payment & receipt vouchers, credit & debit notes, travel expenses….
- Managing various accounting activities, not limited to closing general monthly expenses,
- Following-up and monitoring collections, reconciling customer & bank accounts and creditors, debtors and inter-companies accounts,
- Following up personnel (days off, sick leave…)
- Generating the end of month closing: salaries, depreciation, prepaid & accruals, aging reports, reconciliations…,
- Maintaining general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries,
- Preparing monthly, quarterly & yearly financial reports ( sales report, balance sheet, profit & loss and budget ) and reporting to HQ on the same,
- Participating in the company’s procurement process,
- Conducting stock takes and reconciling inventory values,
- Preparing monthly forecasts,
- Developing SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) for the company
- Securing financial information by completing database backups,
- Avoiding legal challenges by complying with legal requirements,
- Protecting organization’s value by keeping information confidential,
- Helping with external audits, transfer cost audits, and all other tax audits, including VAT inspections,
- Following up on the implementation of audit recommendations
- Assisting General Manager in Administration.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a business related field
- CPA/ACCA-at least part 2
- 4 to 5 years experience in an accounting & finance role in a relatively busy company.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting system
- Familiar with ERP system/Very Important
- Knowledge of inventory costing is key
- Good knowledge of the KRA I-tax platform
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to manipulate search engines tools and search techniques.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Detail-oriented, motivation and professionalism are mandatory.
- Strong knowledge in taxation matters
- Strong MS Office skills, including, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Knowledge in G-Suite is a plus (Gmail, Sheets, Docs, Slides, Drive and hangout)
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple, concurrent projects and activities.
- Ability to effectively partner with employees, management, department and cross-functional teams to meet performance objectives and to support mission and vision of the Company.
- Good & strong team spirit, open communication.
The post Orkila Ghana Job Vacancy : Accountant appeared first on Jobs in Ghana | http://jobwebghana.com/.