Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ghanaians for appointment in the following vacant position in an independent Power Plant located at Kpone-Tema.
• To maintain and administer the IT network including servers, computers and communication equipment as per the policies and procedures of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure the maintenance and upkeep of computers, laptops, servers, printers, copying machines, PABX and other IT related equipment.
• Plan and carry out monthly/quarterly/yearly maintenanec activities for all IT equipment
• Coordinate with vendors for carrying out of annual maintenance as per the annual maintenance contracts if any
• Train end users as per requirements of the organisation
• Manage the day-to-day tactical network, security systems and operations for LAN/WAN, Telecommunications and voice systems including maintenance and administration of VPN, LAN and WAN network as well as the Radio communication system, Telephone system Administration and control, CCTV Network administration
• Administer the Windows environment including Windows Server 2012R2, Windows Client 7 and 10, and office 2013, backup/restore administration, ensure secure use and administration of all systems and client passwords, as well as individual and group information access rights
• Assist in Data/Voice/Communication systems MS Exchange 2013 Administration
• Maintain hardware and software registers, backup/restore logs
• Administer access control of data, e-mail, telephone and other IT and communication resources
• Provide reliable and efficient technical support for maintaining and administering plant-wide IT and Communication systems
• Administer all ERP applications
• Administer and maintain e-mail communication system with reliable virus and spam protection
• Develop/update IT-security guidance plan and ensure responsible user management of IT-security and its related policies.
• Manage the delivery of information systems and technology related projects, as required, including the supervision and certification of the work of external contractors and consultants
• Plan for contingencies and disaster recovery for IT systems and information resources – maintain contingency plan leading to service resumption and availability of corporate data in the event of any disaster or system level fault.
• Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor within the scope and content of job.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must have a minimum of a first Degree in Computer Science from an accredited Tertiary Institution and professional certification by a recognised ICT body
• A minimum of 5 hands-on post-relevant work experience particularly in production facilities
Competencies and Skills
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Operating Systems and virtualisation Technologies
• Must have knowledge in (VMWare, Hyper-V) and web management.
• Must be proactive than reactive with a good business acumen
• Must pay strong attention to detail and must have confidentiality
• Must have strong organisational and managerial skills and must be a team player
• Must have good verbal and written communication skills
Remuneration: Salary and conditions of service are attractive and negotiable
The post Reputable Company Jobs : IT Officer appeared first on Jobs in Ghana | http://jobwebghana.com/.