Perseus Mining is a dual listed (Australia, Toronto) gold miner and explorer focused on the West African region. Perseus Mining (Ghana) Limited (PMGL) has recently commissioned the world-class Edikan gold project in the Western Region of Ghana. Edikan Gold Mine (EGM) has a current mining reserve of 3.3M oz of gold from a resource base of 4.3M oz. The Edikan processing facility has been designed as a 5.5Mtpa processing facility with the ability to expand this to 7.9Mtpa in the future. The plant is capable of producing at a rate of 220-270,OOOoz gold per annum.
Purpose of Role:
The preferred candidate will be responsible for the accounting operations of the company, which includes but not limited to the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
• Manage the preparations of management accounts and statutory financial reports to International Financial Reporting Standards.
• Implement financial controls and costing reporting processes.
• Provide sufficient, accurate and timely financial information to Heads of Departments to enable them to assess cost incurred and exercise cost controls within their departments
• Oversee the preparations of monthly cash calls and management of banking relationships with the banks in Ghana.
• Implement appropriate risk management programmes designed to safeguard the assets of the Company and as advised by the Chief Financial Officer and the Commercial Manager
• And any other duties that commensurate the role
• Coordinate and provide relevant information to external auditors as and when required
• Ensure strict compliance with all relevant taxation laws and regulations in Ghana
• Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
• Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
• Manage the Finance Section and ensure that the Company’s policies, procedures and regulations are adhered to
• Collaborate with PMGL’s auditors to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
• Develop training and development matrixes with plans for direct reports
• Ensure professional development of direct reports by coaching, mentoring, providing feedback, recognition and maintaining well engaged staff
• Ensure positive and constructive environment within the department
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting/Commerce from a recognised University. A master’s degree will be an added advantage.
• Qualified member of a Professional Accounting body(ACCA, CA, CPA)
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience on operational mine site or progressive financial responsibility in a multinational company of which 3 years is in a managerial role
• Exposure to finance management systems and protocols (ERP)
• Superior understanding of Ghana tax laws
• Must have a strong auditing and tax background
• Knowledge of contract law will be an added advantage
• Reliable, high attention to details, honest and entrepreneurial in nature
• Strong organisation, planning, negotiation, problem solving and analytical skills
• A proven successful track record of leading teams and managing people
• Excellent professional communication (written and verbal) skills
• High degree of flexibility, diplomacy, respect for confidentiality and strong work ethic
• Must be able to prioritise work to meet scheduled deadlines and multi task
• Ability to identify improvements and implement changes
• Proactive mind-set and ability to self-motivate
The post Perseus Job Vacancy : Financial Controller appeared first on Jobs in Ghana | http://jobwebghana.com/.